đź’¦ Detailing Removing Road Paint

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I used brakleen on my Frontier once. the building @ work was being painted and there were all these small white specs on my truck.

I looked through a few videos.
Sounds like diluting acetone 50/50 with water is a good place to start. You can increase the dilution if needed, 70/30 for stubborn spots.

1 guys soaked it with WD-40 and used a credit card to scrape it off.... i almost fainted.

One other guy used lacquer thinner. Another young kid just used clay.

It would be wise to wash and wax or seal the area immediately after.

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
If it is any kind of textured plastic you are not getting it off unfortunately.

I had something similar happen with my Terrain and every high end detail shop I took it to said I’d be better off replacing the parts. Road paint is more like epoxy than paint. 5 years later and none of it ever came off.

If it were on the painted surfaces some gasoline or light polishing and wet sanding/buffing is what I was told.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
If it is any kind of textured plastic you are not getting it off unfortunately.

I had something similar happen with my Terrain and every high end detail shop I took it to said I’d be better off replacing the parts. Road paint is more like epoxy than paint. 5 years later and none of it ever came off.

If it were on the painted surfaces some gasoline or light polishing and wet sanding/buffing is what I was told.

This is spot on! I was able to get the paint of the metal painted surface with quick detailer as a lubricant and a plastic razor blade.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get the paint of the plastic painted splash guards fully. The spots that I was able to remove left a stain in the paint and Acetone/Gas/Goof Off Pro seemed to take the clear off.

Not a big deal, I searched Ebay and scored a new set of OEM paint matched Infiniti splash guards for $29.99.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info