Recommend Waterless washes.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
So we just bought my wife a new car. I’ve been out of the car scene a bit.

What waterless car washes, interior cleaners, wheels etc etc and other products do you all use and really like? I’ve used Croftgate products for a number of years when I had the Marauder and they worked well.

Bring it in TCG. I need your help.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Optimum No Rinse is the best waterless wash I've used.
It works really well and doesn't streak at all.
I'm a fan as well, but I'm torn between that and the PS Absolute rinseless. I think they are both very good
Take my advice with a grain of salt as I'm also new to the whole rinseless, I just started using it mid summer last year

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Waterless wash is different than rinseless.
While rinseless washes can be diluted for both, there are some products that are specifically waterless.

P&S Epic - waterless wash
For rinseless, Optimum no Rinse wash ( polymer based ) has been the staple. McKee's N-914 is pretty good ( leaves nothing behind ), P&S Absolute is also pretty good. Absolute has gloss enhancers and is polymer based so it leaves just a hint of 'protection' behind.

Interior cleaner - P&S Xpress. it can be diluted up to 1:1 for light maintenance cleaning or used full strength. It can be used on all interior materials.

If you want a dedicated wheel cleaner, P&S brake buster is going to be hard to beat for the price. This can also be diluted but note that due to the high alkalinity, it will eat up standard sprayers.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Switched from ONR to This once the GTI was ceramic coated and there's no looking back.

they also have a non-ceramic version, which I have not used.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Some common sense has the be used when approaching a vehicle that is really dirty.
The point of a rinseless wash is that you do not have to rinse off the soap. You can use it as a replacement for the typical surfactant soap/shampoo.
The rinseless product also acts as a lubricant when drying the vehicle. When using 'soap' a 'drying aid' is suggested to help prevent towel marring during the drying process.
Water is effectively a solvent when on the surface of the vehicle by itself.

So if there is heavy contamination, yes, a pre rinse is suggested before the washing process.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
How this stuff work, what if the car/truck is dirty, wouldn't you want to rinse it?
what I have done, especially in the wintertime, it go to my local coin op wash, grab some quarters and do a soap/rinse there and drive home. Luckily, the local one is about a 2 minute drive from me.

Come home, park in the garage and then do the rinseless wash process to really clean the car.

I have a solution of rinsless wash in a Menards hand pump sprayer at all times in the garage too, makes for a great pre-rinse on really nasty parts. Also works great as a drying aid or spot cleaner.

Just gotta remember to release the pressure from the sprayer when not in use.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
I guess I'll be the one to ask. What'd ya buy?! Pics!

I was hoping for better weather to take better pics.

My wife has wanted a Shelby GT500 or Roush Stage 3 for a very long time. So we finally pulled the trigger. Twice I attempted to buy a 2022 GT500 with not much mark up. One person beat me to one and the other GT500 dealer owner decided to keep it for himself. Looked at a few Roush’s. I found a 2021 Stage 3 with 700 miles on. Had it inspected and turned out to be a real gem. Drove down to Kentucky last Saturday, bought it and drove back home before all this crappy weather moved in.

I don’t have many pics. Some pics are from the inspector. Eventually I’ll make a thread on it.

IMG_2676.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2685.jpg

IMG_9733.jpg

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I was hoping for better weather to take better pics.

My wife has wanted a Shelby GT500 or Roush Stage 3 for a very long time. So we finally pulled the trigger. Twice I attempted to buy a 2022 GT500 with not much mark up. One person beat me to one and the other GT500 dealer owner decided to keep it for himself. Looked at a few Roush’s. I found a 2021 Stage 3 with 700 miles on. Had it inspected and turned out to be a real gem. Drove down to Kentucky last Saturday, bought it and drove back home before all this crappy weather moved in.

I don’t have many pics. Some pics are from the inspector. Eventually I’ll make a thread on it.

View attachment 148974
View attachment 148975
View attachment 148976
View attachment 148977

excited eric andre GIF

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info