NEW RIDE R.I.P. to my Roadkill life. 2021 Rav4 Hybrid

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
That’s where Lexus steps in, granted the driving experience is still a little lack luster compared to the competition.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Blood on Blood

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I went to the dealer for service only to find out that Toyota care expires at 25k. I couldn't remember. When the advisor said it would be $45 for a tire rotation on top of the oil change I high tailed it out of there. I didn't even hear what the oil change was going to cost before I was giggling "nope!"

I had to drive a little further than usual, but an Advance had 5qts of 0W-16 and a Rav4 oil filter in stock. I ran up there, grabbed the goods, and got to work.

PXL_20221212_223151235.jpg

I'm super happy to say that this will be the easiest of all the oil changes I have to do. I like that Toyota put a little access hole in the splash guard instead of making you remove the whole thing like my Volvo.
PXL_20221212_223644804.jpg

Such an adorable little filter.
PXL_20221212_223541746.jpg

It only takes 4.8qts or something stupid like that. At least it's not 6.1 like my Volvo making oil changes both awkward and expensive.

I did the tire rotation even though it didn't really need it. I just wanted to put the miles in my notes. These lug nuts are so damn dumb, but whatever. The oil change and tire rotation were done myself in the driveway before I would have gotten home from the dealer, and it probably cost about half the dealer price. I did miss out on free coffee and watching HGTV with a bunch of boomers though. ?

I still don't like it, but the low fuel bill, smooth running, and simple maintenance makes it pretty nice to live with.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I went to the dealer for service only to find out that Toyota care expires at 25k. I couldn't remember. When the advisor said it would be $45 for a tire rotation on top of the oil change I high tailed it out of there. I didn't even hear what the oil change was going to cost before I was giggling "nope!"

I had to drive a little further than usual, but an Advance had 5qts of 0W-16 and a Rav4 oil filter in stock. I ran up there, grabbed the goods, and got to work.

View attachment 143499
I'm super happy to say that this will be the easiest of all the oil changes I have to do. I like that Toyota put a little access hole in the splash guard instead of making you remove the whole thing like my Volvo.
View attachment 143500
Such an adorable little filter.
View attachment 143501
It only takes 4.8qts or something stupid like that. At least it's not 6.1 like my Volvo making oil changes both awkward and expensive.

I did the tire rotation even though it didn't really need it. I just wanted to put the miles in my notes. These lug nuts are so damn dumb, but whatever. The oil change and tire rotation were done myself in the driveway before I would have gotten home from the dealer, and it probably cost about half the dealer price. I did miss out on free coffee and watching HGTV with a bunch of boomers though. ?

I still don't like it, but the low fuel bill, smooth running, and simple maintenance makes it pretty nice to live with.
I still LOL at 0W16

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I still LOL at 0W16
Duuuude! I forgot to mention how weird that shit is.

Most of us know what it's like to pull a drain plug and hear the oil kinda just plop into a pan and not really make any noise after that. 0W-16 is so thin that it sounds like pissing into the center of the toilet bowl. It's amazing that engines can be built to tolerate that shit. I think all my other engines would be locked up if I went a full interval with this stuff.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Wait 0w16 wasn’t you joking? Damn!
Nope!
Screenshot_20221212-212001.png

Believe it or not 0W-8 is already being made and supposedly manufacturers are working on making engines that will use it.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
v6buicks v6buicks do you still feel like the Rav4 is uncomfortable? I’m in a job with a ton of commute and want to pick up a non plug in hybrid this spring. If I’m going to buy a boring car, it better at least be comfortable to spend time in.
Yes. I still do not like being in this car any more than about a half hour. The driver set is better since you can adjust the lumbar support but then you still have nowhere to put your elbows. It's an around town and short trip car.

Thread Info