TV Quiet On Set: The Dark Side Of Kids TV

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
2 part documentary exposing the dark side of Nickelodeon, part 1 starts tonight at 8pm on ID.

#QuietOnSet pulls back the curtain on an empire, built by creator Dan Schneider, that had an undeniable grip on popular culture. Series such as All That and The Amanda Show, among others, were obsessively consumed by children across the country and defined comedy for a generation. But behind the upbeat onscreen presence on these shows with questionable jokes and over-the-top sketches, QUIET ON SET reveals an insidious environment rife with allegations of abuse, sexism, racism, and inappropriate dynamics with its underage stars and crew. QUIET ON SET: THE DARK SIDE OF KIDS TV will premiere across two nights on ID from 9PM-11PM ET/PT on Sunday, March 17 and Monday, March 18.

Reactions: Blood on Blood

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
finished both parts. was shocked to hear Drake Bells story and how his dad warned about Brian Peck. Glad he got some prison time, had to register as sex offender, but then right away got a job at Disney?? How in the fuck? Tells you everything about that industry. Even before this, it was always obvious Dan Schneider is responsible for what happened to Amanda Bynes. Yet Nickelodeon bought him out and so many former child stars signed NDAs.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
my pirated source for this shows it as 4 episodes? just started watching. already this stuff with ariana grande and feet in the first few minutes are pretty ridiculous, especially the potato thing wtf

yes 4 episodes. alot of this stuff flew over our heads as kids, but as an adult its sick. It gets better. you will realize all the scenes involving feet, and even the Nickelodeon foot logo all stem from Dan Schneider's foot fetish.

Just saw there may be a 5th episode dropping on April 7th.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
yes 4 episodes. alot of this stuff flew over our heads as kids, but as an adult its sick. It gets better. you will realize all the scenes involving feet, and even the Nickelodeon foot logo all stem from Dan Schneider's foot fetish.

Just saw there may be a 5th episode dropping on April 7th.
i'm turning 45 in a few days, i did not grow up watching these

i feel like even as a kid you'd find some of these pretty surprising

like not sure what age you'd need to be to pick up on the simulated jizz shots or the dude wearing dicks, the ariana grande potato water thing is just wtf and surely parents were watching this and i can't fathom any of them not being like wtf when she's glugging water down upside down on the bed

Reactions: sktchy and frank

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
i'm turning 45 in a few days, i did not grow up watching these

i feel like even as a kid you'd find some of these pretty surprising

like not sure what age you'd need to be to pick up on the simulated jizz shots or the dude wearing dicks, the ariana grande potato water thing is just wtf and surely parents were watching this and i can't fathom any of them not being like wtf when she's glugging water down upside down on the bed

I watched in the 90s, All That, Kenan and Kel, Double dare, parts of the Amanda show, more so that era. I grew too old for Drake and Josh and Ariana show when they gave Dan full reign.

I think the parents knew what was going on, but probably pressured to step aside like Josh's dad, and/or just willfully ignorant to giving up the fame and fortune. These predators preyed on that, while Nickelodeon turned their heads.

I hope someday we hear Amanda Bynes' story. She's obviously dealing with trauma that only she can explain, but on her terms.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

331stang

Regular
Aug 14, 2011
Screenshot_20240326-100114_Samsung Internet.jpg

• It's funny, you're a funny guy
Reactions: radioguy6

Thread Info