🔧 BUILD PSJ's 1967 LS Turbo Camaro Build

General Information

Hi all, I bought this Pro Street 1967 Camaro. It had a 502 BBC crate engine and 8-71 supercharger. I have this driveline sold and it's getting pulled immediately.

LS + turbo is the plan. Maybe I'll keep it big tire and see who will want to grab a lane....

Current pic:
anthon ypic.jpg
View attachment 169378
Reactions: Rico and sktchy

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
I'm changing to coil over shocks in front, and going with Afco that will get custom valving. I tend to only spend big money where it's needed and that's the situation here.

Getting a 1st gen Camaro to handle at high speeds necessitates me working on the caster and bump steer in the car.

I'm also going to upsize my track locater bar (ladder bar lingo) and that will only run me about $250.

So Smith arms, Afco coil overs, TRZ bump steer kit and new (TRZ) thicker track locater and that's the only changes before the beginning of 2024 racing season.

In 2024 I need to buy new harnesses, jacket, Hans device and some other safety stuff.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
80e? Performance converters are impossible to find used. Good score.
I saw a couple on MP a couple of weeks ago.
One was a circle d with like a 4500 stall, the other was a TCI with 2800ish. I was gonna grab the circle d and send it back to have it dialed down. But by the time my daughter contacted the dude it was gone

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
PTC 17-0 9.5 for TH400.

My buddy had sold the trans and converter and the guy he sold to wasn't planning to use the converter so I got a $1200 converter for $450.

I'm currently running a MW converter I got from the Cairas that is doing okay but my tuner(s) knows this converter really well down to the low 8s.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
I have all the front suspension torn down, started to piece together new parts.

A lower ball joint stud would not come out, I wasted a lot of time on it. I took the spindle to a buddy and he had trouble with it too but eventually got it out. Oh well, I can move forward.

1712541176311.png

Thread Info