Pothole finally bit me

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Pothole on 53 south around Rand served me my first bent rim. I luckily enough made it home and it’s holding pressure, but 4 other cars were on the shoulder. How fucked am I? Probably not even repairable I would assume.

IMG_8921.jpeg

IMG_8922.jpeg

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Power wheel also in Elk Grove can be a good resource.

In this case I would contact one of the wheel vendors and have them order it in already fixed less down time. They can get wheels the same day if not in 24 hours. Some could even mount a tire if needed.

Here is a catalog search from trans wheel

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Wellis wheels in st Charles can fix that
Thanks. Just left them a message. Seem to be busier than normal.

Im quite impressed that held air!
Same. I didn’t know the extent of the damage but right when I saw other cars on the side of the road I pulled up the pressure gauges and it was holding so I just slowed down and kept driving.

I've had a similar incident with one of my past beaters and I pounded it back with a plastic deadblow hammer lol.
lol. I honestly would try that but don’t have a deadblow hammer. Got these wheels cheap for a reason. Don’t need them to look pretty.
Chgo Wheel Service in Elk Grove might be able to fix that
I’ll call them as well and ask.
Power wheel also in Elk Grove can be a good resource.

In this case I would contact one of the wheel vendors and have them order it in already fixed less down time. They can get wheels the same day if not in 24 hours. Some could even mount a tire if needed.

Here is a catalog search from trans wheel

Thanks. Found the wheel on the site but don’t know if I’m blind or the phone doesn’t show everything but can’t see a price. I’ll call them as well.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
i might hhave a spare steelie in that bolt pattern to get you by

Thanks for checking. I did end up getting to RAM and getting one of my stockers back on with the winter tire. Roger doing me a solid for sure! He said he was going to ask someone if they thought it was repairable. Otherwise Ill probably just look for another set of rims. Maybe find some N rims and tires since I need new tires anyway on my stock ones. :rofl:

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
There's got to be places that will repair that thing because I've seen wheels in far worse damage than that be repaired in the little facebook shorts or whatever you want to call the clips like tick tock.

His wheel America still around? I think they were in Arlington heights or elk Grove village?

Reactions: Fish

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I mean, anything can be "fixed"

Whether it's fixed right, is the 64k question.

That looks like it would need to have the bent portion of the wheel re-welded and that's a lot of wheel needing to be re-welded. Not just a small crack. How they would do it, not sure. Not sure if they'd bend that piece of aluminum back in to place and then weld? Or completely break that piece out/add to it and re-weld it. Would the wheel be perfectly "true" again? Keep in mind, that section is holding pressure for the bead. How long would it last the next time you hit a pothole? Sounds like they don't want that liability.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
If you've hit a pot hole and damaged your wheels or rims on a Chicago street or an Illinois highway you may file a property damage claim either with the city of Chicago or the state of Illinois.
Good luck getting that money before you die, especially if in Chgo. Your great grandkids might get it in Chgo

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info