📸 Photography Post a recent pic of your ride

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
It is. I love the color. It always looks clean, and even better when it's actually cleaned.

Agreed, its a bad ass color especially with the black rims, grill and emblems.
So one of the cars on my list as a replacement for the Cadillac has been a Charger Hellcat. Up until I saw that (Destroyer Grey) in person as it came at me, my choices were the Medium Indigo Blue or the darker "Jazz Blue". But if a DG one is in my wheel house, I'm digging it.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So one of the cars on my list as a replacement for the Cadillac has been a Charger Hellcat. Up until I saw that (Destroyer Grey) in person as it came at me, my choices were the Medium Indigo Blue or the darker "Jazz Blue". But if a DG one is in my wheel house, I'm digging it.
You can’t go wrong with either of those 3.

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I see signs things are getting awefully 19...84ish round here lately....
20230719_204423.jpg

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Yea. They are very gestapo there even on non-event days.

If you go back to the south from where you are parked (by the fire department in your pic), past that small parking lot, there is a road that goes under the flight center. Off that road is a spur that runs up to an access gate. So if planes are on the south tarmac, you can see them.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

alexd

Apr 28, 2011
Union Grove 6/27/2023. The nice thing about GT-Rs is that from a distance, you can't tell the year. Mine is over 12 years old.
I was hoping with new turbos, upgraded trans, and better tires to run in the low 9's at maybe 154 or so. That was not to be; the strip was terrible (other people were also complaining).
At my lowest boost on a 93 octane MAP, I had to let off the gas twice to pull a 10.1 at 139. At way less power and worse configuration in the past (at Byron) I was always around 9.6 to 9.7 at 148 to 149. So, maybe this is my last dragstrip test; I can't meet the requirements at Byron and Union Grove is too sloppy. I would post a few videos including from my helmet camera, but they are too long...

Alexd

IMG_1927.JPG

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Union Grove 6/27/2023. The nice thing about GT-Rs is that from a distance, you can't tell the year. Mine is over 12 years old.
I was hoping with new turbos, upgraded trans, and better tires to run in the low 9's at maybe 154 or so. That was not to be; the strip was terrible (other people were also complaining).
At my lowest boost on a 93 octane MAP, I had to let off the gas twice to pull a 10.1 at 139. At way less power and worse configuration in the past (at Byron) I was always around 9.6 to 9.7 at 148 to 149. So, maybe this is my last dragstrip test; I can't meet the requirements at Byron and Union Grove is too sloppy. I would post a few videos including from my helmet camera, but they are too long...

Alexd

View attachment 171484
For your helmet videos, upload to YouTube, set the privacy to "Unlisted", and copy/paste the link to TCG.

alexd

Apr 28, 2011
For your helmet videos, upload to YouTube, set the privacy to "Unlisted", and copy/paste the link to TCG.
Thanks. It has been a long time since I've done that; I tried it just now and YouTube didn't send up the "page" where I could select my file..so no upload to it.
Not sure why...

Anyway, here's one that I DID send to YouTube quite a while back, let's try it:

The situation here was that I don't race anyone and had no idea who was in the other lane. I just Test and Tune. Anyway, while I wanted to build up a little boost befoire launching, the guy thought that he would blow me off and red-lights with a several car-length start. I didn't like that so I started quickly with the light and"reeled him in" a little
beyond the 1/8th mile. Final time was a 10.2 for him and a slow 9.85 for me. 900 WHP at the time as an Alpha 9. Byron

Alexd

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

Thread Info