Possibly looking for a new DD

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
I've had it do an open car trailer on short trips fine, it doesn't ever seem to mind. I'm not sure if it's just because I can't tell between super duper slow and extra super duper slow, but it doesn't sweat on the nice flat stuff we have, and wind isn't too bad on the open trailer.

Would recommend the V6 over the diesel for almost everybody though. Also I'm not sure if this will affect future parts availability for that engine but that Thai factory is being sold.

• Haha
Reactions: EmersonHart13

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
I know there's at least one situation where you want to be sure to steer away from the diesel and that's if you've got a short or excessively-stop-and-go commute (you're gonna get stuck in regen hell). If you live in a relatively humid cold weather climate, you're going to be buying or rebuilding turbos often unless they issue a fix.

The "minor" emissions components are only mandated to be covered for a period less than B2B (B2B exceeds the feds' mandated terms) and from what I can tell, the components in the subsystems suck. And without the ability for the aftermarket to provide an affordable solution (talking aftermarket emissions devices that are on par with OE, not delete stuff), I can't really recommend it unless you really really want it or have an unlimited supply of diesel.

The additional 3.5k (if bought new) typically seems to get about half back after 3ish years, so you don't lose all that premium, but the math still isn't in your favor if you don't keep it well into six digits. And that's assuming the out of warranty repairs would be equal to what you'd expect in a gasser.

So yeah there are some negatives, but it sounds cooler, it gets way better range, it does the lazy daily truck cruising thing better, and it's got slightly higher weight ceilings. And you can tell your bros you got a diesel too. Then they'll laugh because it's only cool to have a diesel that small abroad. This is 'Murica.

EDIT: But if you want to drive one for a few days or whatever to see if you would be interested in one, I have one you could use.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info