Possibly looking for a new DD

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Nissan trucks are not worth looking at, they are so far behind the curve....

I don't think anyone is saying don't look elsewhere? (Except Nissan) He should look at full size too,might make sense for him and pricing isn't that much different as people on this site point out constantly.

Depends on what one’s budget is and how new of a truck / desired miles

It’s a dinosaur but still works for some

Reactions: ragingclue

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
I’ll be working on swapping the heated wheel and heated mirrors on my 17 in the summer or fall of this year. Just gotta get the wheel from a 15-17 Denali canyon with a 2 post airbag. The 18+ have a 3 post airbag making us 2017> guys having to purchase an expensive airbag. Heated mirrors bolt right on, apparently prewired from the factory. Just the WORK TRUCKS get it. Not the LTZ :rofl:

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I’ll be working on swapping the heated wheel and heated mirrors on my 17 in the summer or fall of this year. Just gotta get the wheel from a 15-17 Denali canyon with a 2 post airbag. The 18+ have a 3 post airbag making us 2017> guys having to purchase an expensive airbag. Heated mirrors bolt right on, apparently prewired from the factory. Just the WORK TRUCKS get it. Not the LTZ :rofl:

Keep me in mind... I'm in for doing that.

I guess I never noticed the mirrors weren't heated? Lol

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
I thought the heated wheel was '19+? I don't have it AFAIK. '19 is when the new infotainment came in too (I think they also got HD backup cam?), so there's that as well when looking used if it matters.

Word on the street is the shudder has been fixed for good on the 8 speed, so that's good if you're looking at a V6.

You should test drive a Ranger just because IMO. Not sure if the big ass discounts are still around, but they were finally pricing them attractively not too long ago.

Reactions: EmersonHart13

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I thought the heated wheel was '19+? I don't have it AFAIK. '19 is when the new infotainment came in too (I think they also got HD backup cam?), so there's that as well when looking used if it matters.

Word on the street is the shudder has been fixed for good on the 8 speed, so that's good if you're looking at a V6.

You should test drive a Ranger just because IMO. Not sure if the big ass discounts are still around, but they were finally pricing them attractively not too long ago.

I haven't gotten it since the latest fluid flush and formula change

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
I like the feedback I read today on a diesel Colorado forum, sounds like they tow okay. Generally folks say if you are towing long distances, through mountains etc., get a bigger p/u. I'm just reading right now, though a p/u would help my desire to trailer my '67 to the track this year.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I have the V6 and it tows well for what I have done with it. Diesel wasn't an option for us (Extended Cab) and I likely would not have picked it anyway. The Gasser is a bit peppier to drive and we don't tow much and usually short trips on DD duty.

Those of us on the board said we'd all buy our Colorados again, I think there are 3 of us.

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info