Porsche Macan Turbo experience or thoughts?

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
I am starting a thread on this cause my ISF was totaled by another guy. I am looking at all kinds of cars and SUV's but I keep coming back to these Macan Turbo's. I am torn between getting an SUV that do some mild off-roading or a sport SUV. If i stay in a sedan then their is another 2013 ISF that I am already looking at. Went and looked at a TRD 4Runner Pro and I like them but not in love with it. Also looked at a couple Land Crusiers/Lexus LX570's that i like but man they are huge. Maybe too big for my needs and wants.

So sport SUV's I looked at:
F-Pace First Edition but reliability really kills it.
Jeep SRT8's everyone has one.
X5 M's/X6 M's are just too much $$$
Porsche Cayanne Turbo same year's are too much $$$

Macan Turbo's:

Runs 12's stock and with tune and intakes can cut a high 11. Impressive.
Handling reviews have been amazing and most say it handles as well as some sport sedan's.
Reliability is top's in it's catagory on JD Power. https://www.jdpower.com/cars/2017/porsche/macan/awd
Love the interiors.

Exterior not the best looking but really is going on me in the Turbo trim.

Anyone have one or have spent anytime driving one?

Any thoughts welcome.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
This thread interests me. I want to buy an SUV. But I don't need a large one. The Macan Turbo has been on my radar as well. The biggest complaint seems to be passenger & cargo space. If you don't need a ton of either it's probably an ok buy. Just get a warranty if you are looking at used ones. Or find a good independent shop that knows Porsche and is reasonably priced. If you need a recommendation I have one for you.

I wonder what Bru Bru thinks of them?

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Isnt this thing tiny on the inside?

It's bigger than my 911. ?‍♂️ haha

As I said, interior space is what I read more than any other complaint. But it is a luxury compact SUV. If you want a small sedan feel and performance with more ground clearance and cargo space, it might be a good fit. If you need more space the Cayenne is the one you need. But he said that is out of his price range.

Cargo space Macan (cubic feet) seats up 17.6 / seats down 52.9
Cargo space Cayenne coupe (cubic feet) seats up 22 / seats down 54.3
Cargo space Cayenne (cubic feet) seats up 27.1 / seats down 60.3

I think the versions of the "Coupe" SUV look great. But they defeat the reason for an SUV when it comes to cargo space.

Reactions: BS ISF

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
This thread interests me. I want to buy an SUV. But I don't need a large one. The Macan Turbo has been on my radar as well. The biggest complaint seems to be passenger & cargo space. If you don't need a ton of either it's probably an ok buy. Just get a warranty if you are looking at used ones. Or find a good independent shop that knows Porsche and is reasonably priced. If you need a recommendation I have one for you.

Last one I drove was a 2016 S. Expensive, small, but worth it considering the quality and performance you get for the price compared with similarly priced/sized luxury SUVs.https://www.cars.com/reviews/our-view-2016-porsche-macan-1420689358861/

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
The owner of my company has a 2017 Macan GTS.

Nice looking car inside and out. Pretty comfortable with a lot of features.

However, he's had a few issues with it and it has VERY low miles. It's been into service for a few things that have gone wrong with the car, outside of maintenance.

Considering how much power it makes and how light they are, in stock form, they are slouches.

Only experience I come from in terms of their speed, well, my boss wanted to run my Durango from a dead stop and I gave him the hit, but, still yanked out a little hard on him and was pulling away by 40-50. He said turbo lag, but, not sure.

I definitely like them, but, for me and my needs, they are too small.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Daddy is pleased, I sincerely love The F
giphy.gif

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012

Can I interest you in a "tastefully modified" basically "Pampered" it's whole life
5,000lbs of pure, blowing away everyone (1/8 mile, street addition) satisfaction?

Then look no further, I have what you, and anyone else needs, One Black Super Sport SUV.

It can be yours for the low price of $37, 000.

20180330_103211.jpg

P Life

Partial full send ?
Oct 18, 2019
Northfield
Real Name
Pete
2015 macan turbo was the first bad ass car i ever owned. The suspension is extraordinary and it handles like a car. It comes standard with PASM adjustable dampers. Also has a very good twin clutch pdk. They are fast. Stock. Can outhandle 8/10 sports cars. Sport chrono kicks it up a notch also.
the rear seats are small- main downside. Its more like a car thsn sn SUV

Reactions: Pressure Ratio

quikturbo

Regular
Dec 24, 2004
Just saw your thread on CL, crazy that they are opting to fix. I suppose it does give you a bit more time to evaluate the Macan though, and wait for prices to come down.
I need to do suspension on my car pretty soon, it being an 08' it rattles my fillings out, so I'll likely do 2011+ stock stuff.
How was the ride on the factory stuff? Or should I look at the Bilstiens as well?

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
The second I found out that the front passenger shock was toast I went on the hunt for the Bilstein B6's. There is a huge thread on CL about these. I wanted to get rid of the harsh ride and dampening without lowering the car. Search for the Bilstein B6 thread on CL for reviews. I will let you know when I get my car back and have put some miles on. I got all 4 for $725 with shipping but had to go to 2 different shops to get all 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spivitz
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info