Plasti dipped my SS wheels

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
alright people. I took it to a BRUSH STYLE wash that I always use and the guy sprayed the wheels up close with a really high pressure water/soap mix to prep the car before the wash and it went through 2 sets of high speed brushes and came out PERFECT. didnt have to wipe them down or nothing they were spotless. I'm sold

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I'm most likely going to be doing the bumpers on my Sierra.... see if I like them before I tear Down and powdercoat.

From this.
2012-04-05_18-33-01_732.jpg

To this.
21210.jpg

And will be ordering the pictured billet grille

So.... how does the clear coat work? Just buy plastidip clear coat? can you wet sand and reapply? do you need to? I am finding plenty of info on the web about matte finishes, but would like to know more about a gloss finish plz

Sprayed the clear on after a wipe down no sanding or anything

I thought they said you are not supposed to use any other clear coat besides the Plasti dip Gossifier because other brands will eat the plasti dip...

Got any better pics of the rims?

Did not hurt the finish on these

We found that if you ran your finger over the finish with no clear it left a smudged after washing it left spots
We waited a week after the wheels were done and sprayed them with a matte flat automotive clear
No problems so far

Ill get better pics up tonight

Thread Info