Placing factory order, how does this look?

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Looking for helpful opinions. 2021 Go Mango Hellcat WB Auto. 4% under invoice. Plus package, Laguna Leather and convenience package. I'm going to place the order. They are saying 16 weeks to delivery. We are also ordering the Wrangler at the same time. $3k refundable for each.

1622825194894.png

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
$600 processing fee??? Tell them to get bent.

Thats how it works in most of the country. IL is one of the few states that regulates the dealer's "processing" fee. In Florida its usually $995. This is a dealer in another southern state. It is what it is. My local dealers all have $20k ADMs on hellcats now, so me getting almost $8k off sticker is a damn good deal.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
Thats how it works in most of the country. IL is one of the few states that regulates the dealer's "processing" fee. In Florida its usually $995. This is a dealer in another southern state. It is what it is. My local dealers all have $20k ADMs on hellcats now, so me getting almost $8k off sticker is a damn good deal.

When dealers bring up the fee, I tell them right away I'm not paying it. They never bring it up again.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I haven't bought a car brand new and the one time I bought one from a dealer, I got hosed with kinds of crap like that. I have no idea what's normal and what's BS.

Not to thread jack, but is it unreasonable to walk into a dealer and say that I'm not paying a penny more than what's on the sticker? By that I mean tax, title, registration, all of it.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I'm with KJ, my main concern would be if the discount is locked in but they can adjust market value on a whim, which would increase the purchase price.

Only other concern would be spending $75k on a dodge that's 5+ years overdue for a refresh, but that's just me. At least it's a widebody

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
The sheet says $0 down. Are they actually ordering the car for you with no cash to reserve it? If so, that plus the "market value" instead of MSRP, would make me concerned. Wonder if it's of any benefit to them to order a car as "presold" vs just buying for inventory? Ie they can tell dodge they have an order for this exact car, then when it gets delivered they can jack the price up on you knowing they can sell it to some other schmo with an ADM after you walk

Maybe i'm cynical but I'd get some more ironclad wording and put a $1k down pmt just to make sure you get the car, assuming the price is way more competitive than what you're seeing locally and you're not going to back out. If you haven't made a DP and someone else finds out about it and offers them MSRP or over, IMO you have no claim to the car and they'd be dumb not to take the extra cash.

Even in normal times getting 10% off MSRP on a somewhat limited production car, that's a factory order, is pretty rare. From inventory maybe, but a factory order, nah. Add to that that car inventory is severely limited and it almost seems too good to be true?

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Yeah so the market value price is the MSRP as built. The discount is 4% under invoice. There is a $2k rebate thats also locked in. I gave them $3k deposit to place the order and will be putting quite a bit more down. But with nothing down, Im $2k under MSRP out the door. Thats not bad. The rebate is locked in even if it changes. Which is just did. 3 days ago it was $4k. Now down to $2k. Probably going to nothing for July, so I wanted to get it locked in now. $2k is $2k.

This is the car with the MSRP less the $2k rebate. So its $77345.

1622839339915.png

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
For me Zl1 > hellcat all day

I finally got a chance to drive both a few weeks ago. And Im still torn. The HC is just a tire melting monster. And in track mode handles its heft very well. Very little body roll if at all. And all that room inside with the big comfy seats and that blower whine. Its VERY tempting. And its not a constant reminder of my SCAT that I had like I thought it would be. Everything from 2017 to 2021 is updated interior wise. So it was like experiencing the challenger new again. Sure the general interior hasnt changed much, but the details like all the HC red gauges and the Uconnect is all updated and faster. Then there is the outside. its beautiful in the WB. I toyed with getting a redeye with the narrow body (virtually same price), but man that wide body is sex.

As for the ZL1, its a race car. It does everything. Super planted and tons of power. Plus the interior is nice as well. I like the cockpit feel. You are sitting in it vs on it with the challenger. The ZL1 is striking as well and I LOVE that crush color. that or Shock which is glowstick green. Either one I'd take but the crush will be easier to get.

I also drove a 2021 loaded Mustang GT a10. It was fast but super MEH. Sure its not a GT350 or 500, but those are a bit out of my price range and I wouldnt want a manual anyway with the 350. The GT was a bit gutless off the line, but pulled like it had boost on the top end. And to get what I wanted it was a $54k mustang. All in was almost $60k otd without my down. yeah no way. I'd have to spend $8k on boost to make it what I wanted, and bye bye warranty.

So Hellcat or ZL1. Both are amazing. We will see what they look like when they come in and I will make a decision. One was ordered from a dodge dealer in another state and the ZL1 is coming from Stingray Chevy.

Oh and insurance is almost the same for the ZL1 as Im paying for our Sonata. The HC insurance rates are way higher. So on paper the ZL1 will be cheaper by a few grand and the insurance will break even. The Hellcat not so much...

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I also placed a factory order with nothing down on this car. They didnt require a deposit and said it was NBD if they had to sell it when it came in. Im still on the fence, but its one of these two cars Im getting. This one is $3k less otd. Again with nothing down, but im planning on $15k-$20k down.

View attachment 90959
Still not a big Camaro fan, but with that color, it looks amazing.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Still not a big Camaro fan, but with that color, it looks amazing.
You should see it in person. Heavy metallic in it and it glows in the sun. Very much like the go mango on the hellcat. Either way this is a win for me. I’ve been very patient and made all the right moves to get to this point. Still need a few months but since there’s a 12-16 week lead time to delivery on just about any factory order, the timing lines up perfectly.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
So yeah looked at this today fully intending to cancel my orders and buy it. Super clean 19 with 3900 miles. Dealer was asking new money for it but I was assured they would discount it.
Start it up and check engine flashing. Service everything basically popping up on the dash. The car barely ran. Was missing horribly. But salesman said it was “ok” and insisted we drive it. Ok sure. Lol. And as expected it ran like a 1970 dodge pickup. Sounded about as nice too. Dealer swore they would take it right over to Chevy to be serviced. They tried their hardest to make a deal on it but the used car manager wanted $70k +++ and that’s $4k more than the order for my 22. So I said call me when it’s fixed and I’ll think about it. Shame too it was CLEAN. sick car. Had everything I wanted. And I was a buyer today. What a shame. So both orders are in play still but I’m really just still hung up on the ZL1. Hellcat is still awesome as well but man that ZL1 look.

E59789D9-8878-4E2B-996C-8F5AB7E66D68.jpeg

B303A229-CB63-44C7-B138-A3B44A3C11F6.jpeg

15B6F8E5-F964-4AD7-ABE0-903E40C68EBA.jpeg

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
So yeah looked at this today fully intending to cancel my orders and buy it. Super clean 19 with 3900 miles. Dealer was asking new money for it but I was assured they would discount it.
Start it up and check engine flashing. Service everything basically popping up on the dash. The car barely ran. Was missing horribly. But salesman said it was “ok” and insisted we drive it. Ok sure. Lol. And as expected it ran like a 1970 dodge pickup. Sounded about as nice too. Dealer swore they would take it right over to Chevy to be serviced. They tried their hardest to make a deal on it but the used car manager wanted $70k +++ and that’s $4k more than the order for my 22. So I said call me when it’s fixed and I’ll think about it. Shame too it was CLEAN. sick car. Had everything I wanted. And I was a buyer today. What a shame. So both orders are in play still but I’m really just still hung up on the ZL1. Hellcat is still awesome as well but man that ZL1 look.

View attachment 92458

View attachment 92459

View attachment 92460
That's a sharp color

Reactions: ZXMustang

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
That's a sharp color
Actually I was really hoping this one would work out. The 21 I ordered turned into a 22 and that orange is no longer available. Chevy has something new that is a tad darker with more flake in it. Like the sunset orange from the C6 corvette I’m hearing. Still haven’t seen it. And my second color shock is also gone. So it was either a used one in this color or the new orange. Not sure but that’s what I’m going with for now.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I haven't bought a car brand new and the one time I bought one from a dealer, I got hosed with kinds of crap like that. I have no idea what's normal and what's BS.

Not to thread jack, but is it unreasonable to walk into a dealer and say that I'm not paying a penny more than what's on the sticker? By that I mean tax, title, registration, all of it.
In a normal market if you have a month or so to negotiate you can do way better than that depending on how hot of a commodity the vehicle your buying is, trucks and common cars it’s not unheard of to get 10-15k off sticker for cars in the 50-60k price range if you do your homework and take your time

Reactions: v6buicks

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
In a normal market if you have a month or so to negotiate you can do way better than that depending on how hot of a commodity the vehicle your buying is, trucks and common cars it’s not unheard of to get 10-15k off sticker for cars in the 50-60k price range if you do your homework and take your time

Funny thing ZL1's used to be give away cars as well. They never sold well. Always had a ton of rebates and back when GM had the 25% off, you could get that on the ZL1 as well. Never understood why they were so hard to sell. They do everything awesome. Cheaper then their same level counterparts and man are they sexy. But their marketing has always been shit compared to dodge and ford. Maybe that was the problem.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
So update. I got a lead on a new 21 ZL1 a10 that was ordered a while back and the buyer just canceled his order. So it was available. Its still not at the dealer, but its been bayed for transport at the factory. Also has a freight bill attached to the VIN. So it should be arriving any day.

So I called on it yesterday, left my deposit and got the financing approved. Its similar to the one I ordered but in Red Hot and this one has PDR. The one I ordered didnt have PDR, and I really wanted it but was having a hard time pulling the trigger on that $1300 option. This one has no up charge for the color and no CF visible weave for the hood insert, so those two costs not being there have offset the price of the PDR. Super excited. Hopefully it will be here in a few days. Not months. The 22 order was not even going to be accepted by GM until August.

The camaro factory went back to work two weeks ago to finish the 21 orders that were placed but they were waiting on chips for. This was apparently one of those.

1625328014007.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info