Pinks ALL OUT

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
They told the guys from LS1tech to build a car that ran 10.5ish to run against a blown 2000 Mustang GT that was supposed to run roughly the same. It was supposed to be an EFI GM vs. Ford shootout. The mustang wasn't ready so they lined them up with a rattle canned 87 Mustang with a "$15k motor" that the owners claimed ran 8.80s on the bottle and that they wouldn't run without it. The LS1tech guys backed out because they didn't want to lose a SpeedInc built race car with multiple sponsors to a rust bucket junkyard build Mustang.

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.
They told the guys from LS1tech to build a car that ran 10.5ish to run against a blown 2000 Mustang GT that was supposed to run roughly the same. It was supposed to be an EFI GM vs. Ford shootout. The mustang wasn't ready so they lined them up with a rattle canned 87 Mustang with a "$15k motor" that the owners claimed ran 8.80s on the bottle and that they wouldn't run without it. The LS1tech guys backed out because they didn't want to lose a SpeedInc built race car with multiple sponsors to a rust bucket junkyard build Mustang.

I wouldn't call that backing out. The terms the agreed to were broken, simple as that.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods

It was funny they sent the biggest shit-talkers on chitownracing down to be on pinks. I guess what pissed them off is that they bring a $20,000 LS1 and some hicks have a $8,000 mustang that runs 2 seconds faster than the Camaro and want race for slips.

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
If for whatever reason it was mid-11's I'd try it, but they generally go with mid-10 to 11.0 cars for all out

i think if they had two cars running mid 11's that you wouldnt normally expect to see running mid 11's (galant and a mercedes) they would consider it. just like when that diesel ram made it into the show, it was just a bunch of fox bodies and then one diesel, makes for a more interesting show.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
is Nate Pritchett still on Pinks? I get a PR email from another project he works on, which has his email address on it from Pullin TV, so if anyone needs to get in contact with him or the pinks team, I'm sure we could send him something via this address.

thats Boost12 and the village boys from chitown. they went down with the LS1tech car from speedinc. told it was to be a 10.0 car i think it was, and they were paird with some junk bodied mustang that i guess went 8.9x so they didnt wanna bother with the race cause even if they won they said the car was junk and not worth it. they offered to race for 20K in cash instead but rich was a donkey and said no. then they had that vid of em arguing in the hotel

jeff99gtp

Regular
Sep 9, 2008
get a fire jacket,run a catch can and dont run faster then 11.5s and you will be fine.

im probably going to ask for a fire jacket for my bad or from santa. but i already run a catch can, but im sick of the mid 11s and i wanna run my car all out. i should just put a cage in it and quit bitching about it. now i need to see how much a cage will cost.

bluzohh6

The system works
Jul 2, 2007
Elgin, IL
So I got an email back from the people at pinks. Here it is

Bryant,

Rich thanks you for the email and the interest in registering for a PINKS ALL OUT event. He welcomes all types of cars. Rich lets the track handle all registrations, tech. inspections, rules and regulations, etc. You may contact the track directly and they will be able to answer your questions and help with registration information, etc. Their website is www.oreillyracewaypark.com. Rich hopes to see many of you at the event.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info