Pics of my new house! (and its minor transformation)

Nicky Pass

Hey YO!
Jun 6, 2004
The Cobra is on the back burner for a while now....this is why!

I had the Birch in front of the house pruned and the 2 crab apple trees removed that you can see in this pic...
P_0_87343_07370327JPEG.jpg

frontofhouse.jpg

The Living room and dining room carpet was ripped out and we put in 3.5" Brazilian Cherry...
Before...
P_1_87343_07370327JPEG.jpg

P_2_87343_07370327JPEG.jpg

After...
photo4.jpg

Upstairs Hall Bathroom was painted Chocolate...
chocobathroom.jpg

2.25" oak was put in the master bedroom and it was repainted Gentle Rain....
photo9.jpg

The family room had the travertine tile wall already, so we painted it Egyptian Pyramid and we are covering the maple engineered wood (fading badly in spots) with carpet. We also set the spot for the Samsung on an articulating mount....
photo8.jpg

familyroompainted.jpg

The foyer and kitchen floor was torn up and replaced by 18x18 porcelain tile laid on 45s...
photo7.jpg

photo5.jpg

The master bathroom was torn down to the studs and the shower was made about 1 foot wider and we added a rain shower head, a regular shower head and a hand held. The glass will all be frameless....
bathroomstudded.jpg

bathroomdrywalled.jpg

photo10.jpg

Nicky Pass

Hey YO!
Jun 6, 2004
We are spending alot of money, but for what we are having done...the price is amazing! It also helps that my father-in-law's friend owns a tile shop and my dad's good friend is a custom home builder! It helps that we pre-picked everything and had everything pre-measured before we closed!

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I would've done the entire shower surround in durock cement board, and then done schluter kerdi (or waterproofing membrane of your choice) over it. Greenboard is good for the rest of the bathroom, it's just not enough for the shower stall IMO.

Looks good other than that....... :biggthump

HeavyG

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 3, 2007
The only thing that sucks is that its not quite wide enough for 2 cars at the bottom!:eek:h:

in the future when after the inside is done...maybe ya wanna look into filing a pettition to change the ordinance/zoning on driveways? ya know...make your exsisting driveway bigger :D

of course it might jack up your taxes and i know we are on the same page about those :mad:

frdtch05gt

complete car nut
Jun 29, 2005
Very cool, I like it. :D
I've done a few refinements to my townhouse since I bought it in August, changed out the original smoke detectors for new, fix a few loose or missing trim pieces, had the security system partially replaced and it now works, new door hinges on the inside doors, and a new furnace went in during the January cold snap.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info