Pickup bed "build out" of my long bed GMC sierra

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I do I like the idea of shore power but I'm leaning towards solar so I shouldn't need a regular setup, probably just have to hit it up from time to time.

I like that though. I just wanted to make sure you weren't somehow back-feeding through the regular plug.

i mean i am kinda "back feeding" through the regular plug though.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
No it makes sense to back feed and charge. I thought it was smart and never would have thought of it!

But that is why I asked about the regular battery getting charged too since its all connected... But you have isolator and not sure how that is wired when charging in this way.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
No it makes sense to back feed and charge. I thought it was smart and never would have thought of it!

But that is why I asked about the regular battery getting charged too since its all connected... But you have isolator and not sure how that is wired when charging in this way.

ah okay

:bigthumb:

yeah isolator only connects the main battery to the aux once the truck is turned on.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
another chart i found handy

71cmYWInEjL._SL1204_.jpg

i played around yesterday quickly and ran the existing wires into the bed and tested voltage.

12.9 with truck off on the 10 gauge wire... my slight hiccup though is the wires come from the back of the truck i believe. so the run might be quite a bit longer than the 10 or so feet i was thinking so voltage drop may be more significant... i am going to price out what i think i could add a 4 gauge wire from the battery to the bed would run and have that fuel my decision. would also be easier to run a bed battery in the future and solar setup with the battery right there. ughhhh but money

[MENTION=85]EmersonHart13[/MENTION]

suppppp

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info