• 🚨 TCG is experiencing a case of the Sundays. Working on a getting things running faster again. - Mook

Paula Deen fired from The Food Network

BillyBru

FoodHead
Apr 29, 2008
Paula Deen racist testimony: Food Network star uses epithet in court deposition - NY Daily News

The celebrity chef, who is famous for her Southern approach to life, has admitted to using racial slurs in a court deposition last month, saying that she was eyeing a Deep South-themed wedding for her brother's 2007 nuptials, but later decided against it.

The queen of southern cooking is currently embroiled in some legal trouble — the former general manager of her Savannah, Ga., restaurant, Lisa Jackson, is suing Deen for $1.2 million.
In the lawsuit, Jackson alleges that Deen used the N-word on several occasions, and that Deen's brother, Bubba Hiers, sexually assaulted her.

Deen said she got the idea from another restaurant at which the couple dined. Said Deen, per the Enquirer: "Well, what I would really like is a bunch of little n-----s to wear long-sleeve white shirts, black shorts, and black bow ties. You know, in the Shirley Temple days, they used to tap dance around"

WHAT A WEDDING THEME!

:coolio:

BillyBru

FoodHead
Apr 29, 2008
It was also for sexual harassment from Paula's Brother, Bubba. $1.2 mil is milking it though. I was just telling my brother the other day sexual harassment in the restaurant business happens all the time. I'd be surprised if I didn't see something. Mostly verbal but not to the extent of groping. Sounds like Bubba was a little too verbal and kept at it.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
1006179_587861291279947_1571086169_n.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0lMNm1JXRI

...The word is ******. It's not the "n word". Act like adults not 6 year olds, people. Seems the comedian's audience doesn't have nearly the problem with Paula Deen saying ****** that the producers of FoodNetwork do. This isn't a black thing. It's a green thing.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Is she not surrounded by professional audio/ video and PR people day in and day out? How does the first video get released, then put on private and then re-released only to be ultimately pulled and replaced with the second which is longer, more repetitive and ambiguous and with piss poor sound quality?

I mean I know she got fired but for real, you can still afford a PR person to look over your releases and you should have a hookup with the camera man somewhere to properly record said release.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info