Patriotism

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
I know you guys usually hear me and others on this forum talking sh!t about how our government is run and such.....

But when the Lima Lima boys performed the "missing man formation" when I was at the airshow Sunday I got goosebumps and started to tear up a little bit.

Same thing happens at sporting events when they have Uniformed personnel or Jets flying over.

Does this happen to anyone else?

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
That same feeling you have is what makes many people join our armed forces and public services. Proud to be American is all :biggthump I spent 6 years in the Corps and seen more proud tears then unhapppy ones while serving.Its normal.

Edit....
When I was a kid and watched the Movie ET I teared up when ET was dieing lol. For chirst sake man. Its a fucking Alien!!!

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Get the same feeling when my brother goes on his tours to afghaniraqistan.

I tear up when he leaves because i know he's going to kick some haji ass and I tear up when he gets back because...well he made it back.

And yes, i also get the same feeling at the sporting events with fly overs/military personnel

scca_stang

Owns Assault Rifles
Dec 4, 2008
8 years in the Army makes me feel that way....

I always stand at attention at sporting events and salute the flag during The National Anthem and the presentation of The Colors (habbit I guess).

it also annoys me when people are chatting or disturbing people who are being respectful during those times as well... I get it, some people are less patriotic than others... the way I look at it, you don't have to stand up, hold your hand over your heart or salute... but damn it, don't be a horses ass either!

boosteds13cc

Dec 17, 2009
every time i see someone in uniform and i go up to him or her and i tell them thank you for serving in the military and every damn time i do i get a little tear in the eye. i cant explane why in the hell i do...i have family that was and still is in the marines/navy and dont act like that with them....and every time i hear the national anthem i get goosebumps! yet again no reason why i do but i remember always getting like that as a kid.

SICNESS

Opulence...I has it...
May 3, 2006
The Star Spangled Banner usually raises the hair on the back of my neck.

If the person singing it tries to make the song their own, however, I get pissed.

"And the rockets red glare" gets me every time if the person singing it really belts it out.

The fighter jets always get me too.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info