Netflix Ozark

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Fuck the baptism scene......

If i had one major gripe w/ this show, it was that goddamn scene. That pissed me off so much. I'll spoiler tag this for those who haven't seen yet

They played that scene WAY too hard for effect. At first as he was walking down to the water I was like oh...noo... But then I was like,
well maybe he is just baptising him... But then, the way he just plunged him down into the water and held him there for like a solid 45 seconds, I couldn't believe what I was watching. But then it was just like PSYCH! I am baptising him!! Bro....do you even baptize? That is NOT how its done. :rofl: They played that scene WAY too heavy like he was gonna drown that kid, and then was just like J/K LOL!

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Finally got around to finishing this up. Man, this show really turned out to be an amazing surprise. Definitely one of the best shows to come out not only on Netflix but tv in general.

The entire cast was great, especially Bateman. The fact that he directed everything makes it that much better.

I really hope this gets a second season. Honestly, and I hate that I'm saying it, they COULD just pull a one season and it would have been great.. But I want more.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Im really surprised this show hasnt gotten more press. Still amazes me that for every 20 completely obscure shows netflix releases that no one ever hears about, they still manage to crank out a gem like this. Just hope they realize what they have and continue to support it.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I don't feel like Netflix has been churning out 20 obscure shows for every good one. They've been killing it all around. About the worst of the content is the comedy specials because they're cheap to produce and I think some of the comedians are seeing an easy paycheck and not giving their best material.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I dont know if I agree w/ that. Every month I read the "whats coming to netflix" articles, and beside every show/movie that says NETFLIX ORIGINAL i always have to stop and say "Huh?" Cuz ive never heard of it. And theres at least 12 new ones every month that I have no idea what they are. Now maybe they're not things that they're producing directly, but they are slapping their name on a lotta stuff every month.

And then there's the reports of Netflix being 20 BILLION dollars in debt, yet just today it was announced they purchased comic book publisher Millarworld? What?? :rofl:

I dont know what kinda business plan Netflix is operating from, but I'd love to mirror it.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I dont know if I agree w/ that. Every month I read the "whats coming to netflix" articles, and beside every show/movie that says NETFLIX ORIGINAL i always have to stop and say "Huh?" Cuz ive never heard of it. And theres at least 12 new ones every month that I have no idea what they are. Now maybe they're not things that they're producing directly, but they are slapping their name on a lotta stuff every month.

And then there's the reports of Netflix being 20 BILLION dollars in debt, yet just today it was announced they purchased comic book publisher Millarworld? What?? :rofl:

I dont know what kinda business plan Netflix is operating from, but I'd love to mirror it.
Agreed, they seem to just buy up any weird show they can get their hands on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info