older cars vs newer cars with the same mileage

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
:eek:rly:

Where did you get this info from?

Free carfax on the dealers website :smile:.

Or it could have just been towed for the sake of being towed?

I'd say if the work looks good and the suspension is within spec it's not a bad deal. I'm not sure if I'd want an early 2000 dodge though. I thought those were trash?

Agreed, early 00's Dodge vans were not notoriously the most reliable and with 75K on the clock (and being 11 years old) it is probably well due for a full tune-up, trans flush, etc, etc, etc...

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
If I'm reading the carfax right, it got into an accident Feb of 2011, and then the owner renewed the registration and drove it for another year. When registration/emissions was due in March of 2012, I'd have to guess the owner traded it in.

Doesn't really sound shady, but obviously we have no way of knowing if it was a problem child after the accident so the owner traded it in.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Shit. I was reading it wrong. It was exactly.one year later.

but again, you will never know for SURE why it was traded in...

Could be just because it was time, or could be because it was having a laundry list of problems following the accident. With no warranty, and with the accident being a year ago, you may get trapped with a problem child.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Buy a Honda, Toyota, GM or even ford.

I would NOT buy a windstar/freestar honestly...

A) Nasty rear suspension rust and associated recalls
B) The AX4N transmission is not known for its strength or longevity.

I would buy a 03+ V-6 explorer if I was going to go with an enclosed ford that isn't a Cargo van for what he is doing.

03+ means the timing chain issues were all fixed, and they can get pretty good highway mpg with the 5speed auto they came with. They are also IRS so they ride quite a bit smoother than the older ones.

I would buy an older Sienna over an Odyssey though as far as Toyota Vs. Honda.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info