Food / Drink Oh no Wendys, what is you doing

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
for uber and lyft its simple supply and demand. Fast food is ubiquitous and the restaurant business is super competitive. People want a quick cheap meal, not work around price gouging hours. Most will just go somewhere else, unless you really think that Wendy's burger is worth the extra cost. Pro tip: it's not.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Pick one…
IMG_2493.jpeg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
What percentage of fast food buyers do you guys think are shopping for competitive prices before they go somewhere?

The TCG 'fast food app' thread showed that most of you won't even use an app to look for deals at places you're going to. I can't imagine most people even consider price when deciding what place they want for lunch that day. It's mostly based on what people are craving that day.

I think it wouldn't have impacted them much had they just implemented it. Announcing it is what worked everyone up.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
What percentage of fast food buyers do you guys think are shopping for competitive prices before they go somewhere?

The TCG 'fast food app' thread showed that most of you won't even use an app to look for deals at places you're going to. I can't imagine most people even consider price when deciding what place they want for lunch that day. It's mostly based on what people are craving that day.

I think it wouldn't have impacted them much had they just implemented it. Announcing it is what worked everyone up.
Ain't nobody got time for that

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

"Earlier this month we issued our fourth quarter and full year 2023 earnings results and included an update on investments we are making in our digital business. One initiative is digital menuboards, which are being added to U.S. Company-operated restaurants. We said these menuboards would give us more flexibility to change the display of featured items. This was misconstrued in some media reports as an intent to raise prices when demand is highest at our restaurants.

We have no plans to do that and would not raise prices when our customers are visiting us most. Any features we may test in the future would be designed to benefit our customers and restaurant crew members. Digital menuboards could allow us to change the menu offerings at different times of day and offer discounts and value offers to our customers more easily, particularly in the slower times of day. Wendy’s has always been about providing high-quality food at a great value, and customers can continue to expect that from our brand."

/thread

Reactions: Blood on Blood

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005

"Earlier this month we issued our fourth quarter and full year 2023 earnings results and included an update on investments we are making in our digital business. One initiative is digital menuboards, which are being added to U.S. Company-operated restaurants. We said these menuboards would give us more flexibility to change the display of featured items. This was misconstrued in some media reports as an intent to raise prices when demand is highest at our restaurants.

We have no plans to do that and would not raise prices when our customers are visiting us most. Any features we may test in the future would be designed to benefit our customers and restaurant crew members. Digital menuboards could allow us to change the menu offerings at different times of day and offer discounts and value offers to our customers more easily, particularly in the slower times of day. Wendy’s has always been about providing high-quality food at a great value, and customers can continue to expect that from our brand."

/thread

If I’m reading this right, Wendy’s walking this back is beneficial as prices on selected products will be reduced during low volume timeframes.

Looking forward to Wendy’s publishing those timeframes.

Reactions: Bigturbonotch

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
The Wendy's by my work closed, the Subway closed last year. This neighborhood is populated mostly by people not far from poverty conditions. I struggled to understand anyone in the drive-thru. I read the Google reviews for that location and now I see why Wendy's would want to shut it down. Given those reviews, I don't know I'd trust the kitchen's sanitary condition to be within code. I doubt anyone working there could really have given a shit about keeping things clean.

Thread Info