Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

Wendy's is planning to charge different prices depending on the time of day - which means a Dave's Single could cost more at lunchtime than mid-afternoon.

So-called dynamic pricing would boost traffic when restaurants are quiet and cool demand when they're busy.

Such a system might mean that at busy times like breakfast, lunch and dinner, prices it advertises on a digital menu will be higher and at quieter times they will fall.

For example, a Dave's Single quarter pounder currently costs around $5.99 at a Wendy's in Newark, New Jersey.

Under the new system that could increase by a dollar at lunchtime and drop by a similar amount during the post-lunch lull.

Wendy's new system will begin testing in 2025 and rely on 'digital menu boards', in which it will invest $20 million, according to its CEO Kirk Tanner. That will mean it will be able to update prices in real time and at little to no expense.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005

Wendy's is planning to charge different prices depending on the time of day - which means a Dave's Single could cost more at lunchtime than mid-afternoon.

So-called dynamic pricing would boost traffic when restaurants are quiet and cool demand when they're busy.

Such a system might mean that at busy times like breakfast, lunch and dinner, prices it advertises on a digital menu will be higher and at quieter times they will fall.

For example, a Dave's Single quarter pounder currently costs around $5.99 at a Wendy's in Newark, New Jersey.

Under the new system that could increase by a dollar at lunchtime and drop by a similar amount during the post-lunch lull.

Wendy's new system will begin testing in 2025 and rely on 'digital menu boards', in which it will invest $20 million, according to its CEO Kirk Tanner. That will mean it will be able to update prices in real time and at little to no expense.

Fast Food just may price themselves out of the market

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Ive never been a huge fast food fan, but as I have gotten older I am way more willing to support local smaller "faster food" style places as the quality is way better and pricing isnt far off. Back in the day I would get subway for lunch at least once a week and after they started jacking up prices and the menu options I pretty much stopped going. If I am doing a sandwich id rather spend a little extra and get Jersey Mike's.

Reactions: Maro

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
and cool demand when they're busy.
Wait, what? They want LESS demand at peak times, when they're making the most amount of money? "We're too busy, we don't want your business, come back later". :rofl:

I think this is obligatory:
Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I also do mostly "faster food" over "fast food"

Example.....Avanti Cafe in Mount Prospect has a sandwich that blows away Jimmy Johns, Subway, Jersey Mike's, etc........and its cheaper than all of them, and they have a drive through. Not sure why I would get a McD's burger when I can get a Portillo's, Buona Beef, or wherever else by me (also through a drive through). Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the novelty of fast food every once in a while....but overall its silly to get it consistently around here.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I dropped Wendys back when they axed the spicy nugs and taco salad and started serving double stacks that fucking looked like this

gBjZskT.jpg

But have since gone back now that those items have returned and they've corrected the double stacks to be at least decent. Still don't go there a TON these days, but I like what they've been doing lately.

This. This is interesting.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Ive never been a huge fast food fan, but as I have gotten older I am way more willing to support local smaller "faster food" style places as the quality is way better and pricing isnt far off. Back in the day I would get subway for lunch at least once a week and after they started jacking up prices and the menu options I pretty much stopped going. If I am doing a sandwich id rather spend a little extra and get Jersey Mike's.
I hit up local places, went to Wolfy's on Peterson on Monday for example even though I'm close to a Wendy's and a McDonald's.

Thread Info