Officially Official 2019 TCG Weight Loss Challenge

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So whats everyone doing if you dont mind sharing. I started taking Creatine about a month ago to prepare. My first full week last week I just gradually cut my calories until I was down to about 2200-2400 a day. This week I started 16/8 I.F. and will more than likely stay on that until summer. Thought about Keto, but I feel I would lose too much muscle/strength going pretty much carb free on Keto.

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
So whats everyone doing if you dont mind sharing. I started taking Creatine about a month ago to prepare. My first full week last week I just gradually cut my calories until I was down to about 2200-2400 a day. This week I started 16/8 I.F. and will more than likely stay on that until summer. Thought about Keto, but I feel I would lose too much muscle/strength going pretty much carb free on Keto.

Intermittent fasting, limiting sugar, cycling 40 mins to an hour a day. Although week 2 was a disaster, hoping to break even :ugh:
Once I go out and start drinking next day is pretty much all you can eat buffet...

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

I'm loosely tracking macros/calories. I say "loosely" because some days I don't really bother, go to eat out or w/e, but as spring gets closer I get more and more disciplined. Still lifting 4 days a week on average, and cardio a couple days a week. No changes there. I went out to eat the wednesday before the 2nd weigh in, so I didn't make much progress

You'll probably lose a lot of weight on Keto (it'll be water weight at first), and you don't necessarily need to lose much strength, no more than you would in a non-keto calorie deficit, it's just a huge shift in how you cook and eat. Totally up to you

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
You'll probably lose a lot of weight on Keto (it'll be water weight at first), and you don't necessarily need to lose much strength, no more than you would in a non-keto calorie deficit, it's just a huge shift in how you cook and eat. Totally up to you

Besides the thought of losing muscle going pretty much carb free. I just dont know if I could give up carbs. The yogurt I like has 15g or protein, but also has 13g of carbs, lol.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
PM sent, pretty disappointed this week. Did not touch any alcohol, and first week doing 16/8 I.F., was hoping to get a 6-7lb loss before settling down to 2-3lbs per week. Lifted 4 days, had 2 days of cardio as well. Wondering if I didnt eat enough. Mon, Tues and Wed I only ate between 1500-1700 calories. Oh well, its a marathon not a 40 yard sprint

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
In hindsight I probably should have joined this. All last year I was just eating to build muscle but over the holidays my eating went bad and I've noticed I have a little extra fat I could use to shed. Time to add some more cardio in and stop eating so much sugar.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
In hindsight I probably should have joined this. All last year I was just eating to build muscle but over the holidays my eating went bad and I've noticed I have a little extra fat I could use to shed. Time to add some more cardio in and stop eating so much sugar.
I'm with you man. I actually attempted to better myself with actually getting up and staying out if pop and the drive thru and I'm dropping

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Yeah pop is a huge weakspot for me.

And I do rarely drink it but when I eat out, I can't resist. I totally gave up dark pops and that has helped a ton. Trying to give up the sweets at work. Donuts and etc... That would help a ton.

...but I'm a total sucker for free food.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I am a huge soda drinker. Especially $1 at McDonald's you can't fucking beat it. That and Monster Zero Ultras. Fuck I want one.

Purple monster zero used to be my jam Iā€™d drink 2-3 a day while at work and at least one at home on days off, it had my liver enzymes so fucked up when I went for blood work a couple years ago I stoped cold turkey, within 6 months they were back to normal, I was having them pulled monthly at the time due to how high they were, not sure if it was the purple die in the monster or what because I drank monster like that for years and had blood work done every year and it was always good even when I drank booze daily

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
Purple monster zero used to be my jam Iā€™d drink 2-3 a day while at work and at least one at home on days off, it had my liver enzymes so fucked up when I went for blood work a couple years ago I stoped cold turkey, within 6 months they were back to normal, I was having them pulled monthly at the time due to how high they were, not sure if it was the purple die in the monster or what because I drank monster like that for years and had blood work done every year and it was always good even when I drank booze daily
Mine were slightly elevated last time I had blood work done too, I am usually a can a day. My doc had zero insight as to why they were high other than and I quote "maybe you were punched in the gut, maybe you're an alcoholic" I don't go there anymore. I should get blood work again in a few months if I'm still behaving

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Mine were slightly elevated last time I had blood work done too, I am usually a can a day. My doc had zero insight as to why they were high other than and I quote "maybe you were punched in the gut, maybe you're an alcoholic" I don't go there anymore. I should get blood work again in a few months if I'm still behaving

Fat and sugar can also elevate them if your really pounding some bad food, I think sugar more so, if you diet for a while they will probably be back in the good range weight loss helps

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info