đź’¬ OT Officially new Official Bored Thread

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

god i love it when macgyverfoilhat criticizes everyone's decisions for everything ever because he could do it with a toothpick, paper clip, a lemon and a used dog collar.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
FirstWorldProblems N20GT what kind of smart home stuff? hopefully Zwave and not wifi, bluetooth or zigbee
Tfd108 Idk GIF by Tacoma FD

it's a smarthome "company" but i'm not doing much actual "smarthome" stuff, they're just doing all the electrical (cameras, TV, wired surround sound, outdoor speakers etc). I started a thread on it a while back

They did all the wiring before drywall and now just have to install everything

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

it's a smarthome "company" but i'm not doing much actual "smarthome" stuff, they're just doing all the electrical stuff (cameras, TV, wired surround sound, outdoor speakers etc). I started a thread on it a while back

sounds like you spent way too much money, it all sucks, and tinfoilhat just hacked all your shit and is spying on you through your smart switches.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber

it's a smarthome "company" but i'm not doing much actual "smarthome" stuff, they're just doing all the electrical stuff (cameras, TV, wired surround sound, outdoor speakers etc). I started a thread on it a while back

ah gotcha. very nice. I remember now

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
there is a reason mine is hacked together, because I like to try all the tech out there and determine what is the best. I have tried wifi, bluetooth, zigbee and zwave smarthome devices of all different types.

Hands down Zwave is the most reliable, most responsive and most resilient, but at the cost of having a limited selection of devices at a higher price point. So I recommend that so people skip all the headaches and bullshit.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Alright heathens which one is this magical wire I need to hook up fancy schmancy wizards nest
View attachment 133629
Might have to call a painter to patch and paint if the new T-Stat isnt the same size as the old one. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
No anchors in the wall, no way in hell they caught 2 studs within 6"

• Haha
Reactions: FESTER665

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Might have to call a painter to patch and paint if the new T-Stat isnt the same size as the old one. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
the right one maybe hit a stud, the left hole is a fucking mess :rofl: so I would guess that hit a whole lot of nothing.

Reactions: Shawn1112

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
One dude "in the business" on here messaged me from that thread and was pretty impressed when I gave him the prices. Super fair labor charge and amazon/best buy prices on all electronics

Def money well spent because I'm not mounting an 82" TV with just me and the wife, and I wanted legit surround sound for the living room. IIRC there will be 5 speakers and a sub. I'll do the bedroom TV's myself if we ever buy one but that's just a soundbar and wireless sub, easy.

I hate working with electronics and wiring and I didn't want to waste the opportunity of having a house w/o drywall for wiring stuff up

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010

Ecobee gives you a big saucer plate thing to put behind the unit to hide shit like that.

I painted cuz I didn't like the look.

Drywall screws ftw. Just fucking send it.

• Haha
Reactions: Shawn1112

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
One dude "in the business" on here messaged me from that thread and was pretty impressed when I gave him the prices. Super fair labor charge and amazon/best buy prices on all electronics

Def money well spent because I'm not mounting an 82" TV with just me and the wife, and I wanted legit surround sound for the living room. IIRC there will be 5 speakers and a sub. I'll do the bedroom TV's myself if we ever buy one but that's just a soundbar and wireless sub, easy.

I hate working with electronics and wiring and I didn't want to waste the opportunity of having a house w/o drywall for wiring stuff up

I could make BANK doing residential security.....but FUCK running wire through finished walls. NOPE. not worth it at all.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Thread Info