đź’¬ OT Officially new Official Bored Thread

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Spivitz Spivitz

PXL_20220528_233750395.jpg

Gonna grab some chow and a few more then see what's up with our crew. We were gonna go see top gun but everything is sold out. Maybe go see it with my old man next week while on vacation.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Accomplished absolutely nothing on my todo list from this morning. Productive day though.

Picked up trim paint and supplies from sherwin Williams. Electric hedge trimmers from HF. Visited sister and her husband for an hour or so, dog park, grilled brats, Italian sausage and a bunch of peppers. Hit up Menards for flowers and some misc crap.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Popped positive for Covid but feels like a nasty head cold

Well, Memorial Day weekend is down the shitter
Fiancé had it all week, just started getting over it yesterday. I took a test yesterday and showed negative. Had the whole week off of work to quarantine and work around the house. No complaints.

Hope it passes quick man!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Found this old Stanley No 6 plane at a garage sale down the street for $8. Looks like they’re going for $60-100 on eBay. Prob just hanging onto it.
View attachment 121076
I've thrown away a dozen or so. Grandpa just dropped off buckets and buckets of shit like this and I just wanted it all gone man

Reactions: Jon01

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Lord Tin Foilhat Lord Tin Foilhat

So weeks ago I asked about setting up my router extention thing.

I set everything up just same as the house, same ssid same password, same exact everything. Anytime I walked near the garage I'd lose wifi. I'd select the 1 and only available deezulranch. It would password is incorrect.

I'd go in the house, have to click on deezulranch, all good. Wifi connected.

So I renamed and re password the router extender, it works absolutely fucking perfect, sometimes when I'm in the house I may have to select the deezulranch that's 10 feet from me cause it's still connected to the one outside (250+ft).

But shit works amazing.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

I set everything up just same as the house, same ssid same password, same exact everything. Anytime I walked near the garage I'd lose wifi. I'd select the 1 and only available deezulranch. It would password is incorrect.

So I renamed and re password the router extender, it works absolutely fucking perfect, sometimes when I'm in the house I may have to select the deezulranch that's 10 feet from me cause it's still connected to the one outside (250+ft).

But shit works amazing.
At least if the diesel mechanic thing goes south you can always get a job as a help desk guy

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber

But shit works amazing.
Nice.

For the second part, there should be an option in the extender for "minimum RSSI /DBm", if there is, set it to -80dbm

Basically its a setting that says " if signal strength gets this low, kick client off " so it wouldnt try to hold onto the connection til the farthest it can, it'll drop it when you get low enough and then it'll switch over to the house cause it will be a stronger signal.

Right now there is nothing telling the extender when to boot the client, so if the client still has some sort of connection, it'll try to stay connected.

FYI:

Generally,
dBm >= -50 dBm = 100% quality
dBm <= -100 dBm = 0% quality

For RSSI signal between -50dBm and -100dBm,
quality ~= 2* (dBm + 100)
RSSI ~= (percentage / 2) - 100

For example:
High quality: 90% ~= -55dBm
Medium quality: 50% ~= -75dBm
Low quality: 30% ~= -85dBm
Unusable quality: 8% ~= -96dBm

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Nice.

For the second part, there should be an option in the extender for "minimum RSSI /DBm", if there is, set it to -80dbm

Basically its a setting that says " if signal strength gets this low, kick client off " so it wouldnt try to hold onto the connection til the farthest it can, it'll drop it when you get low enough and then it'll switch over to the house cause it will be a stronger signal.

Right now there is nothing telling the extender when to boot the client, so if the client still has some sort of connection, it'll try to stay connected.

FYI:

Generally,
dBm >= -50 dBm = 100% quality
dBm <= -100 dBm = 0% quality

For RSSI signal between -50dBm and -100dBm,
quality ~= 2* (dBm + 100)
RSSI ~= (percentage / 2) - 100

For example:
High quality: 90% ~= -55dBm
Medium quality: 50% ~= -75dBm
Low quality: 30% ~= -85dBm
Unusable quality: 8% ~= -96dBm