đź’¬ OT Officially new Official Bored Thread

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Mook Mook

Its time for another. Can we get some stupid lost face for Biden emoji please.

Something like this.

joe-biden-busted-640x480.jpg

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I always try to leave on the best terms possible and never burn any bridges. Never know when you might need to talk to people or use as a reference, etc....

That being said, if I received an offer and it was ridiculously more money I would give one week but bust my ass that final week to try to leave the previous employer in the best position possible.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I always try to leave on the best terms possible and never burn any bridges. Never know when you might need to talk to people or use as a reference, etc....

That being said, if I received an offer and it was ridiculously more money I would give one week but bust my ass that final week to try to leave the previous employer in the best position possible.
Its not a super increase, 10k, possibly 20k increase after 30-60 days..

But this also checks off 2 HUGE boxes ive been looking for....full remote and same or more pay.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Maybe?

But they also have had 2 years to have a backup for me for this location and they havent done shit. :dunno:
Just speaking as a business owner. I would never hire anyone back that did that to me. I thought by law and would have to double check, but pretty sure a previous employer cant bad mouth you to a future employer. The way around that is you stress that you would never hire said person back and future employer should be able to pick up on that

Reactions: FESTER665

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte

But this also checks off 2 HUGE boxes ive been looking for....full remote and same or more pay.
Yeah but full remote is huge. How much gas/fast food money you save as well as parking or any other job related costs that you have to pay out of pocket with no reimbursement.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Yeah but full remote is huge. How much gas/fast food money you save as well as parking or any other job related costs that you don’t get back.
And time commuting. I'm saving an hour day without a commute, that's basically going back in my pocket.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

I guess I didnt really mean ridiculously more money, but if it is really worth it for you, then by all means you can do one week, I would just bust ass the final week to leave them in the best position possible.

I never fault people for trying to better themselves and taking a new job, but if they screw me over the final time they are here by doing nothing, calling in sick, etc. then I would never do anything for them in the future and there is a 0% chance I would rehire them if they found out the new job wasnt as good of a fit as they thought.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Yeah but full remote is huge. How much gas/fast food money you save as well as parking or any other job related costs that you have to pay out of pocket with no reimbursement.
Currently company car and they reimburse everything but the fast food lol but yes, i dont have to go out anymore all over the place for work

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I guess I didnt really mean ridiculously more money, but if it is really worth it for you, then by all means you can do one week, I would just bust ass the final week to leave them in the best position possible.

I never fault people for trying to better themselves and taking a new job, but if they screw me over the final time they are here by doing nothing, calling in sick, etc. then I would never do anything for them in the future and there is a 0% chance I would rehire them if they found out the new job wasnt as good of a fit as they thought.
I agree and i wouldnt leave them in a bad position other then pointing out their slacking on getting another person badged.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Currently company car and they reimburse everything but the fast food lol but yes, i dont have to go out anymore all over the place for work
You dont think WFH will get boring? I mean, I dont know how some of you guys do it, those that WFH full time. I dont mind it once maybe twice a week especially during winter. But fuck man, the walls start closing in on you eventually and shit gets real boring for me.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
You dont think WFH will get boring? I mean, I dont know how some of you guys do it, those that WFH full time. I dont mind it once maybe twice a week especially during winter. But fuck man, the walls start closing in on you eventually and shit gets real boring for me.

Wfh...
giphy.gif

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
They do. I get anxious to go out and do something after a few days. But having a cat or two running around breaks up the monotony of it. When it's nice out that means when I'm done working I don't have to sit in the car for 30-40 minutes losing daylight. I can just put the laptop to sleep, hop on the bicycle and know i'll have like a solid 3-4 hours of daylight left.

Plus, the 24/7 private bathroom makes it worth it.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
no, I have plenty to keep me busy at home lol

Plus what I do isnt the same thing every day. There may also be occasional travel with the new gig maybe once every couple months.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Reactions: DEEZUZ

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Never heard of it
not many have which is unfortunate because its awesome

It's a drug that promises an out-of-body experience with each hit. On the street they call it Soy Sauce, and users drift across time and dimensions. But some who come back are no longer human. Suddenly a silent otherworldly invasion is underway, and mankind needs a hero. What it gets instead is John and David, a pair of college dropouts who can barely hold down jobs. Can these two stop the oncoming horror in time to save humanity? No. No, they can't.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Thread Info