Gaming Official Xbox Thread

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
TCG Premium
Aug 20, 2012
Belvidere
Thanks, I’ll check it out
So far the digital has 362gb free to start with. Halo5 is 100gb.....
This is going to be gone in a day. Hate the idea of transferring from external to internal drive and the 1tb expansion is grossly overpriced. For the $200 I could of gotten the series X

It's the reason the Series S isn't the one people want. The storage isn't overpriced though really. It's about in line with what that tech currently costs

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
TCG Premium
Aug 20, 2012
Belvidere
Yeah it's just the games taking up so much space is ridiculous

Oh, I agree. I knew the games vs storage would be a problem. It's basically a problem for me on my internal 1TB on my One. Games will only get bigger going forward, so it's dumb for it to come with only 1TB

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Looks like my enclosure shit the bed

Anyone use the Xbox as their media center? Thinking of grabbing the media remote and using this. I have a smart TV but it’s just so fucking slow and often reboots itself
I use it for some stuff.

But avoid this remote like the plague. Its horse shit. Bad range, shitty buttons leaving you wondering if your Xbox isn't responding because the battery is low, the remote isn't pointed directly at the xbox, or just plain shitty buttons that barely register a click.

1605239419518.png

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
I use it for some stuff.

But avoid this remote like the plague. Its horse shit. Bad range, shitty buttons leaving you wondering if your Xbox isn't responding because the battery is low, the remote isn't pointed directly at the xbox, or just plain shitty buttons that barely register a click.

View attachment 73551
I mean it looked like shit so I assumed as much ? but doubt the wife will use an Xbox controller

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
So Black Ops allows ray tracing to be turned on or off...I'm not sure I'm really seeing a difference. I'm early in the campaign so maybe I'll notice more later on.

There is virtually no loading tho, which is awesome.
I’m not surprised by that. The game doesn’t look very graphically pleasing. Maybe it’s just the arcade-ness of Black Ops but I couldn’t even stand watching gameplay of it yesterday.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Well i'm a total newb it seems. Literally had an xbox for the past 3 years and played a few times since the controller never stayed connected so I gave up on it.
I had no idea game pass was so awesome, literally netflix of gaming and $15/month. Had no idea i can play on my laptop too. Now this alienware will be worth what i paid haha

Also regarding the external storage. I've downloaded a bunch of games so far, nothing crazy (halo 5 (99gb) , gears of war, gears tactics, killer instinct 1 & 2, the newest star wars and a few others). Thus far star wars is the only game that said it needed to be on internal storage. I'm sure call of duty will need to be internal but that is expected.

On that note is the new call of duty worth it? I don't recall off hand but when the first black ops came out it was very different than the previous ones, had a very different feel and I didn't care for it all that much.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Tried 120hz (at 1080 for now) and its definitely smoother when moving the camera in COD but I wouldnt say its worth going out and buying a new tv, etc. Noticeable but not game changing...not yet at least.

Do you have a TV that can display 120hz? Not the fake overdrive either, true native 120hz? Probably not. But if you get yourself a monitor that can do it, its glorious. Once you experience over 60hz gaming, its like nothing youve ever seen and cant stand to go back to 60hz.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Do you have a TV that can display 120hz? Not the fake overdrive either, true native 120hz? Probably not. But if you get yourself a monitor that can do it, its glorious. Once you experience over 60hz gaming, its like nothing youve ever seen and cant stand to go back to 60hz.

Yes. I can do 120 at 1080. That's the max.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Series S doesn’t have a storage problem. Yes, it has less space, but many games are only a third of the size. Sea of Thieves is only like 17gb.

Also, my TV can do 120hz but I have to drop down to 1080p. I haven’t tried it yet myself, but based on Mook’s review I’ll probably just keep my stuff at 4k 60fps. I feel like most pc gamers hit 120fps because most aren’t using a 4k monitor.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Series S doesn’t have a storage problem. Yes, it has less space, but many games are only a third of the size. Sea of Thieves is only like 17gb.

Also, my TV can do 120hz but I have to drop down to 1080p. I haven’t tried it yet myself, but based on Mook’s review I’ll probably just keep my stuff at 4k 60fps. I feel like most pc gamers hit 120fps because most aren’t using a 4k monitor.

Yeah on my laptop that has the 300hz 1080p screen and the 2070 Super I shoot for as many FPS as I can at 1080p. On my desktop thats attached to my 75" 4k TV, Im running a 3080 now and I shoot for maxed out 4k60 which it can now do on any game I play. I was thinking of moving the desktop back to a desk with a 35" ultra wide 1440p144hz monitor and getting a Series X for living room play again. I do like the banging PC graphics in the living room, but I have to run a wireless keyboard and mouse to control it then use the controller for gaming. Its not bad but not as convenient as the console.

Thread Info