⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Heyward has been a worthless ever since the Cubs signed him, he has ZERO production year in and year out.... 170 million for doing nothing. I think he might even be a bigger robber than Cutler was. At least Cutler was average for the Bears. Heyward has been shit every year.
The strange thing is he’s made 3 bad defensive plays tonight.

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
20210827_225434.jpg
20210828_072341.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Does Jason Heyward even try anymore or is he just that bad?
He probably checked out when they traded everyone.
Heyward has been a worthless ever since the Cubs signed him, he has ZERO production year in and year out.... 170 million for doing nothing. I think he might even be a bigger robber than Cutler was. At least Cutler was average for the Bears. Heyward has been shit every year.
I wouldnt say worthless, he has had a few decent years not enough to justify his contract though. Guy had all the tools coming in to the league and did very well his first few years. I thought he would eventually be a 25hr/20sb guy when he first came in to the league. Think he has hit 20ish HR twice and batted 280-290ish twice maybe lol.

The strange thing is he’s made 3 bad defensive plays tonight.
As mentioned above, he probably checked out when they depleted the team. He knows he will only see small 1-2yr contracts the rest of his career. So I dont think he gives a fuck anymore.
He should of been demoted to Triple A back in May when he was hitting .170, or released.... He's progressively getting worse every year, and getting payed insane money for it.
I really dont think thats an option. I think they would have to DFA him and eat the contract.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Pissed, I committed to goin to tomorrow's game with a bunch of my SUX fan buddies back in May. Not only is it going to be like 100 degrees (sitting in bleachers) but I have to watch a fucking minor league team play lol. If you see someone from the SUX hit a HR and the ball gets thrown back, that will be me!

Reactions: Marko and GLADIATOR

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
A lot of MLB free agents are overpaid but he isn’t as bad as Cutler was. Lol.

Heyward has like 5 gold gloves I think. And I do agree he can’t hit. He sucks at the plate. But at least he’s awesome on defense.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Defense isn't everything... I'd rather have an average defensive player who can hit .280, than a spectacular defensive player who struggles to hit .200 every year, and NEVER comes through in clutch situations. He literally strikes out or flies out in every situation that matters. He is the king of usless hitters.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Defense isn't everything... I'd rather have an average defensive player who can hit .280, than a spectacular defensive player who struggles to hit .200 every year, and NEVER comes through in clutch situations. He literally strikes out or flies out in every situation that matters. He is the king of usless hitters.
yup. Great defensive players that can’t hit are typically bench players that sub in late innings. They aren’t the type making 20m a year.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Saw 3 fights in the bleachers yesterday all in left/center, 2 small BS fights, and one good brawl.
The good fight had tons of people throwing full beers at the group fighting, someone ripped a purse or man bag of someone and threw that shit like 3 aisles over.
We were in left field so couldnt really get any video, but I'm sure it will be on some sort of social media or YouTube this week. Even Roberts and Jimenez kept turning around to watch it lol. Havent seen one of those at a Cubs/SUX game in a few years.

0E7CCCA3-79E2-434D-A2E5-7E20727C6AD5.jpeg

3EC10489-1264-4F6E-B587-5142251BB65B.jpeg

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
Went to the Saturday game. What a fucked up series. Aces pitched like ass, blowouts both ways. None of the games were close or fun. I'm pissed at the cubs for fucking this up and falling apart in June. For a minute it looked like both teams were going to go into this in first place. Instead it was a aaa team vs a coasting 500 playing first place team. Oh well, it's done now. Have a fun rest of your season cubbies.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Went to the Saturday game. What a fucked up series. Aces pitched like ass, blowouts both ways. None of the games were close or fun. I'm pissed at the cubs for fucking this up and falling apart in June. For a minute it looked like both teams were going to go into this in first place. Instead it was a aaa team vs a coasting 500 playing first place team. Oh well, it's done now. Have a fun rest of your season cubbies.
Saturday and Sunday were exact opposites of what I thought would happen. I thought Lynn would shut us out, then we would at least keep it close with Hendricks.
With tickets $150 each, parking $100, beer, food, and going out after the game it damn near was a $500 day. Wouldnt have minded if the Cubs had the same team they started with this year, not the fucking garbage ass AAA team lol. It was all good though, had a blast with 2 of my SUX fan buddies and one other Cub fan. Had a good mixed crowd around us as well, lots of ball busting but nothing even remotely close to a fight. Had 2 straight up white trash hillbillys and one of their GF's sitting in the row in front of us. Super cool dudes and after feeling them out, having a few beers together and ball busting. I told the one that had no front teeth that he was a typical SUX fan, he said what you mean. I said your a toothless hillbilly and that his GF was probably his 1st cousin. He laughed his balls off and actually bought me a beer after that. I said that though after he called me a typical north side wannabe shine because I had Jordans and a white T on. He wasnt quiet when he said that, there were some black people within distance to hear that lol. Me and my guys were rolling when he said that. His GF slapped his arm and told him to look around and informed him how loud he said that.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Weird, he's held his own against other teams quite well.

But, if that makes you feel better about your sorry ass team...roll with it.

What’s with cub fans calling their team AAA like it’s some sort of “gotcha” moment.
1) it’s an MLB team, a shitty one, but they play at Wrigley.
2) if cubs fans truly think it’s a AAA team, then they need to look in the mirror and put the clown makeup on for supporting such a shit organization.
3) the 2016 Cubs, the greatest team to ever play the game /s, went 2-2 against the Sox.

Cubs suck. Their fans suck even more for actually supporting this. Javy Baez is crying in NY because their fans actually expect a .200 BA and are booing his ass for sucking. On the northside the cub fan faithful would give him a bj for sliding or running to first. ?

Thread Info