⚾ MLB Official Baseball Thread

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Real Name
Mike
Wild Card is playoffs imo. Quite a few teams that made it as the wild card team have won the WS. I'm pretty sure that Nationals were a WC team when they won it a couple years ago. I know the Cardinals and possibly the Giants as well.

Thats why I said once since 05 not including the expansion of teams last year. Had there been no expansion last year, they wouldnt have made it.
Makes sense to compare totally different playoff formats.

Under the system your fake news dynasty enjoyed their "run" the White Sox would have qualified multiple times including 2006.

Cool story brah....those pesky facts keep tripping up Cub nation in this thread.

#trynottosuck

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Makes sense to compare totally different playoff formats.

Under the system your fake news dynasty enjoyed their "run" the White Sox would have qualified multiple times including 2006.

Cool story brah....those pesky facts keep tripping up Cub nation in this thread.

#trynottosuck

What are you talking about? The WS were 3rd out of 5th in their division in 2006. Maybe if your goofy manager didn’t have to go through “sensitivity” training and focused on baseball, they would have made the playoffs!!

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
What are you talking about? The WS were 3rd out of 5th in their division in 2006. Maybe if your goofy manager didn’t have to go through “sensitivity” training and focused on baseball, they would have made the playoffs!!
They won 90 games ??
With the same playoff format the cubs dynasty played it they would have been in. They finished 3rd in the division where the wild card Tigers won 95 games. If you knew shit about baseball you’d know that almost never happens.

• Love
Reactions: Huggerorange73

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
They won 90 games ??
With the same playoff format the cubs dynasty played it they would have been in. They finished 3rd in the division where the wild card Tigers won 95 games. If you knew shit about baseball you’d know that almost never happens.

So what? Again they still took third place in their division.

I see where this is going. Tell me what league and team won the WS in 2006?

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Real Name
Mike
They won 90 games ??
You tell em honey!

Makes me so hot ?

• Haha
Reactions: Lead Pipe

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
90 games is a choke job?

Are you shitting me?

How about a 108 year choke job?

Side note: 2nd half of 05 was not very good either.

#dobetter

Yes a choke job. They were 60-30ish for the first half and didn’t perform the second half of the season.

I guess Sox fans aren’t the smartest bunch, but third place means that two teams performed better in the same division.

And you can’t even use your crutch excuse that the AL was the “tougher” league. The Cards beat the Tigers that year!

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Real Name
Mike
Yes a choke job. They were 60-30ish for the first half and didn’t perform the second half of the season.

I guess Sox fans aren’t the smartest bunch, but third place means that two teams performed better in the same division.

And you can’t even use your crutch excuse that the AL was the “tougher” league. The Cards beat the Tigers that year!
The 83 win Cardinals?

Dude, please stop.
Screenshot_20210809-221849_Chrome.jpg

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008

Yeah, we agree that two teams performed better. No sox fan reminisces about 2006. We aren’t dumbshit cubs fans that make documentaries about 1969.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Yeah the 2006 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION Cardinals. Maybe you’re suppressing 2006 because the Sox were an embarrassment that year, but let me give you a bit of history. The Cards beat the 95 win Tigers 4-1 and dominated the series.
Wait the cub rival Cardinals that have 8 more championships? That's the team you're beating your chest to? Weird flex but ok. Also the fact that you keep calling a 90 win team an embarrassment shows you are a true cub fan.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Wait the cub rival Cardinals that have 8 more championships? That's the team you're beating your chest to? Weird flex but ok. Also the fact that you keep calling a 90 win team an embarrassment shows you are a true cub fan.

Not beating my chest, but pointing out that wins in the regular season are irrelevant if you don't make the playoffs. You guys keep throwing wins out there, not me. The Sox played exceptionally well the first half, that's a fact. The team fell apart the second half and didn't make the playoffs. I recall that their pitchers were gassed. That's why I say a 90 win team was an embarrassment....They didn't close the season after almost being a shoe in for the playoffs the first half. If that were the Cubs, I would say they were an embarrassment too!

Reactions: Shawn1112

Thread Info