Official TCG fishing thread

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
How do you like that auto hook setter?

I kind of want one but it kind of feels like cheating. Really not that much different than top ups but whatev.

Bass pro has house brand tip ups 2 for $15 right now. Thinking about buying more just to keep them rigged differently. I’ve got 4 right now.

It. is. awesome! Kick's ass to be able to fight a nice Pike/Bass or say a nice Brown Trout in the harbor on a rod vs using your hand. You can even use it for pan fish as well. I will use a lighter more sensitive rod when I set it for pan fish. There is a small learning curve to get it setup properly. Don't get me wrong fighting one with your hands is cool too!

Always nice to have extra tip ups to just be able set a new one up instead of dealing with one that suddenly has issues out in the elements. Plus when a friend comes out that doesn't know how/is thinking if getting into the sport it is nice to be able to put them on fish and give them a good experience using proper equipment so they know what to buy.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Went down to my buddy’s place in Morris today. We weren’t sure if we could ice fish or duck hunt. Lake was frozen so we couldn’t set decoys but not frozen enough to fish :fu:

Hopped over to the small lake on his property. Had 2” of ice. Went out one guy at a time and rolled some holes and set 4 tip ups. We didn’t have the balls to jig in ice that thin. Got one bluegill and lost a bunch of bait on the other tip ups. I said fuggit and went out there. Slid half a sheet of plywood out to stand on to distribute the weight. Got to use my flasher and hugged up three more fish on a 4mm chartreuse tungsten jig with a wax worm. Three sunbird and a largemouth bass. Good times!

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
Went out for the last 20 minutes of daylight with drilling 4 holes around the pond included(hand auger no need for the gas ones yet)...:rofl: Got about 25 or more real quick.... Half way through I started keeping them on the ice for a picture. I released them back of course. Not a bad way to kick off the ice fishing season with non-stop action!:fy:

Attachments

• 20171217_165812.jpg
    20171217_165812.jpg
    602.5 KB · Views: 60

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I was fishing out in Naperville today so decided to run out to the Plano molding outlet store. HOLY FUCKING DEALS. If you need a case for a gun, bow, any sort of tackle storage, arrows, ice fishing stuff.

Bought a combo that retails for $80 for $16...

They had a pallet full of them. Stupid stupid cheap stuff

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info