🏡 Better Homes OFFICIAL real estate bs discussion

ewillmann

Mar 21, 2015
Mortgage Guy here!

So wife and I are starting to look at houses. Taxes be all over the damn place even in the same town. Far south Id want to go is Glendale Heights, far north would be Palatine. West would be Streamwood and east would be Franklin Park.

If you’d like help with the mortgage, that’s what I do. The documentation I’ll need is minimal and I can beat any rate quote and I’ll get it done fast and easy so that you stress less. 20 years in the business. Let me know!

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
If you’d like help with the mortgage, that’s what I do. The documentation I’ll need is minimal and I can beat any rate quote and I’ll get it done fast and easy so that you stress less. 20 years in the business. Let me know!

Thanks for the heads up. Ill keep you in mind. My work goes through a credit union and they offer a mortgage with 3.5% down and no PMI. So trying to see if that is a thing or not.

ewillmann

Mar 21, 2015
That seems like something that is to good to be true, but that being said Credit Unions can do some really interesting things. Be careful because it could just be a lender paid MI and they just hit you with a higher rate to compensate. Either way I’d love to see it if it’s true. That would be a great product. Let me know if you need help. Even if just to make sure they are being straight with you.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
2 houses on my court for sale, one right next to me. stay away.

Ohh, in that case. Id make sure I was the best neighbor I could be and would not want to see any neighbor stories on TCG about one of your neighbors. :s00ls::s00ls:

giphy.gif

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Bump...this house is 2 doors down from a friend of mine. Brand new house, GC'd by a complete moron. Originally listed at $450k, eventually dropped to $320k, now off market. Service door in the back, ugly colors, lots of dead space, ugly windows. The builder is going to lose tens of thousands on this house, and he deserves it. Now the neighbors are stuck with it dragging down their property values.

I'm was considering reaching out to the builder and making a dirt cheap 12 month lease offer so that we could sell our house and start building, but i'll leave it alone. I'd still rather only move once

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
sweet fuck that's ugly as absolute fuck

View attachment 47354
It's awful, and they didn't include a pic from the back but it's basically a giant yellow wall with no shape, minimal windows, an ugly service door, and no porch.

And this is in a subdivision where the HOA has their fucking fingers in everything...yet they let this happen. To make matters worse, this house is on a slab, lol

• Wow
Reactions: willizm

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

don't judge a book by it's cover... holy fuck.

1579272796423.png

1579272813455.png

1579272831436.png

1579272840904.png

1579272851402.png

1579272868758.png

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL SERENE NATURE PROPERTY W / 2 HOMES ON 7.1 ACRES WITH AN OUTBUILDING. This Property has it all w/ House # 1: 1600 Sq. Ft. 4 Beds / 2 Baths Ranch w/ Full Finished Basement, a Newly Remodeled Kitchen w/ Colonist 42" Upper Cabinets, Granite Countertops, All Stainless Steel Appliances, Island, Large Living Room w/ Fireplace, Oversized Family Room in Basement w/ Wet Bar and Fireplace, Spacious Master Bedroom w/ Master Bath and Whirlpool Tub, Game Room, Brand New Roof, Private Porch, Small Pond, House # 2: 1275 Sq Ft. 2 Beds / 2 Baths Cape Cod Home w/ Large Updated Kitchen, Huge 2nd Floor Family Room w/ Breakfast Bar Nook, Separate Spiral Staircase, 4 Car Detached Outbuilding, Shed, Private Pond, Tennis Court, 7.1 Acres that are Professional Landscaped, Ideal for Contractors, Landscapers, Hobby Farmers and Much More!

damn.

Thread Info