Gaming Official Playstation Thread

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
If MS hates money they will make it console exclusive, even though they are behind PS5 and Switch in sales. Thats not a smart move to make at all. Then again, what do I know.

The second comment makes about as much sense as saying MS has zero answers for the Switch. Im sure if Sony wanted to get into that, they would pump up the whole PSNow thing even more, or just Ctrl C, Ctrl V their own solution but they dont. It is obvious that Sony has a totally different mindset compared to MS when it comes to services like that. Not everyone is like Google and just copies what everyone else does then discontinues it later down the road.

Happy I See You GIF by Bounce

Reactions: importcrew

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
If MS hates money they will make it console exclusive, even though they are behind PS5 and Switch in sales. Thats not a smart move to make at all. Then again, what do I know.

The second comment makes about as much sense as saying MS has zero answers for the Switch. Im sure if Sony wanted to get into that, they would pump up the whole PSNow thing even more, or just Ctrl C, Ctrl V their own solution but they dont. It is obvious that Sony has a totally different mindset compared to MS when it comes to services like that. Not everyone is like Google and just copies what everyone else does then discontinues it later down the road.

Happy I See You GIF by Bounce

Agreed, two completely different business models. MSoft loves the idea of a subscription service, that’s how they offer office now. Time will tell how it works out.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Agreed, two completely different business models. MSoft loves the idea of a subscription service, that’s how they offer office now. Time will tell how it works out.

They are probably happy with it since they already have experience with it due to O365. Why sell one license when you can charge over and over. Same with Adobe and other software companies as well. Hardware is nice, but software is what really makes the money. Which model is better will be determined later down the road.

I personally like owning a game instead of the ability to play. Which really makes me dislike how Nintendo does its NES, SNES, and N64 emulators, but its so damn cheap its hard to say no plus you need it to play online. I also would rather have a physical game VS download, but once again, just my opinion.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
They are probably happy with it since they already have experience with it due to O365. Why sell one license when you can charge over and over. Same with Adobe and other software companies as well. Hardware is nice, but software is what really makes the money. Which model is better will be determined later down the road.

I personally like owning a game instead of the ability to play. Which really makes me dislike how Nintendo does its NES, SNES, and N64 emulators, but its so damn cheap its hard to say no plus you need it to play online. I also would rather have a physical game VS download, but once again, just my opinion.
Xbox offers game sales as well…

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Xbox offers game sales as well…
True. I do wonder what their figures look like for games VS gamepass. I think that and the Series S really puts MS at attempting to reach more people VS the killer hardware and killer apps that you have to buy. Its also a downside cause I can technically go play Xbox games right now on my PC or laptop and never have to buy an Xbox.

Sony is also starting to do this, but usually after a year or two of being on PS. A la Horizon and Death Stranding. TBF, I never did finish Horizon. Not cause its bad, I just never did. Just another one I have to go back to.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Regardless of how good Sonys exclusives are, COD still sells considerably more units. Each COD sale provides Sony with 30% revenue from each game. Tether that with the likelihood that COD goes exclusive to msoft, there will be a giant hit to ps5 sales and further revenue drops.

This doesn’t even cover the fact that Sony has zero answers for game pass or xcloud.
Cod won't go exclusive.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Too much money in it to go exclusive. Between pc Xbox and ps, why cut out 2/3 of the market.
Xbox releases day 1 on PC. Ps5 doesn’t have giant market share like it did during PS4. If it were to go exclusive today you’re only missing a few million sales considering there are only 14M ps5s and driving the customer base to Xbox and gamepass to start the gen, which will pay off over time.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Good news, one more month til you guys get to turn your ps5 on for the first time this year to play horizon! Make sure to get all that dust off the ps5 so it doesn’t overheat. Until then…

View attachment 110438

Jokes on you bitch!!! My PS5 is under a cover! NO DUST HERE!

I also have a cover for my Xbox........I havent used it yet. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Turk

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Xbox may be “a better console” but if a game is made for both platforms I’ll buy it for PS5 100% of the time. I prefer their menu, controller, and operating system.
I honestly dont even know if one is "better" than the other or not. I know people were talking about TFLOPs, but thats like non car people saying a Challenger R/T is better than a Mustang GT cause it has more HP.

But I havent read anything about one getting better FPS or resolution than the other like when PS4 and XBONE launched. They are both RDNA2/Zen2 based systems.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
I honestly dont even know if one is "better" than the other or not. I know people were talking about TFLOPs, but thats like non car people saying a Challenger R/T is better than a Mustang GT cause it has more HP.

But I havent read anything about one getting better FPS or resolution than the other like when PS4 and XBONE launched. They are both RDNA2/Zen2 based systems.

Bad car selection because an R/T Only has 375 and a mustang gt has 460.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Xbox releases day 1 on PC. Ps5 doesn’t have giant market share like it did during PS4. If it were to go exclusive today you’re only missing a few million sales considering there are only 14M ps5s and driving the customer base to Xbox and gamepass to start the gen, which will pay off over time.

But for a while almost everything made for a ps5 will be available on a ps4, and there are 100 million ps4's out there.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008

Xbox consistently has 30% more pixels.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
That period is almost over. These consoles have already been out for a year. Xbox is done with cross gen, and I think Sony is done after this year.
Bet you they won't. Due to the supply shortage they can't make ps5's fast enough. They won't stop cross platform till 5s are readily available, and then it will still be years after that.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Xbox consistently has 30% more pixels.
I did not know that. Is that cross platform titles or in general?

I know last gen really started looking real, but my wife asked why I was watching the walking dead while playing Death Stranding. ??? We always keep asking where is the limit but then next gen comes upon us.

Reactions: IDAFC21

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I did not know that. Is that cross platform titles or in general?

I know last gen really started looking real, but my wife asked why I was watching the walking dead while playing Death Stranding. ??? We always keep asking where is the limit but then next gen comes upon us.
In general when comparing the same game on XSX and PS5. PS5 will normally have like a 1 fps advantage, but likely cause it’s pushing a lower resolution.

I’ve also read that ps5 isn’t full rdna2, it’s missing things like DLSS.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
In general when comparing the same game on XSX and PS5. PS5 will normally have like a 1 fps advantage, but likely cause it’s pushing a lower resolution.

I’ve also read that ps5 isn’t full rdna2, it’s missing things like DLSS.
It is missing DLSS, cause that is something Nvidia does, not AMD. I think it was called fidelity fx or something for the AMD cards. I dunno. Cant find either in stock anywhere.

I know the AMD version is going to work on AMD and Nvidia cards, where as DLSS is Nvidia only I believe.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ok, had to do a quick recap. It is Fidelity FX. RDNA 1 and 2 cards can do it. So PS5 can do it. I also believe anyone that wanted DLSS or Fidelity FX for their games had to submit their games in order to sample them. According to this article, it sounds like MS jumped on right away and got some of the games done, but Sony hasnt implemented it yet.

Found this one too.

Either way, multiple companies doing things like this is nothing but good for customers. If/when we can buy machines. :rofl:

Thread Info