This guy loves his ice cubes

phoenix in the kitchen.jpg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Long haired Russian blue? Handsome boy.
He was a rescue basically dead living in a pipe behind my friends house 2 siblings and 2 dead siblings living with him, mom was gone, I had to have a vet nurse him back to health and we adopted him, his 2 brothers were tiger stripe but he does look like a long hair Russian blue, I don’t know how that works out lol

Reactions: Rdrnnr

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
42F1FCC1-9D4D-4955-BBA0-932E8649A51B.jpeg
The wife is my better half. And this bitch is my shadow.

Shes about 5 months old. A Standard Schnauzer. Comes to work with my daily except when I work at the chemical plant or my wife is off work and feels ambitious. When we get home if I’m outside she’s outside with me. She’s a bit of a nightmare at times because of her intelligence and stubbornness but at the end of the day I wouldn’t give her up for anything. And she would gladly throw herself at anything in order to protect me if her barking doesn’t keep whatever she sees as a threat at bay.

ajdereicup

Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
A90E7FB7-A577-411B-AC45-35A4B77FE85D.jpeg
She needs a proper haircut on the face but the groomer is working on her being calm with the clippers. She’s getting much better with people and maybe dogs per the daycare we sometimes drop her off at to burn off some extra energy.
But she’s been kicked outta the vet 2 times now. She’s got it in her records she needs to be on some sort of doggy Downers and muzzled before she shows up which of course doesn’t help her learn the vet is a happy place.

ajdereicup

Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
328FDCEC-533F-4327-8361-012E521E2A1E.jpeg

These little bitches were actually super cool. But they tend to live only a couple years. They were a couple of sister dwarf rats. Basically just rats that end up staying 1/3rd the size of a normal rat. They say rats are the “dogs” of the rodent pet group and with how they acted it seemed legit. Little fuckers would come up to the cage anytime I walked up to my office to greet me, would love to play with me, and were amazingly smart.
Would definitly recommend as a pet for someone living somewhere they can’t have cats/dogs but wants something fluffy and loyal. They need a nice amount of space because they are very active but most pieces of trash can be used for their play toys. You can teach them tricks and everything too if your really wanting to do that kinda shit. They will learn to be on your schedule (sleep when you aren’t around or are sleeping and awake when your around) because they are attached to you and it’s nice because if you need to leave for a few days you just leave plenty of extra food and water and they are alright no baby sitter needed. They will get bummed out if you ignore them or if they don’t have a playmate. They need companionship. And the shitty thing is when one dies if you don’t have a replacement buddy or more than 2 the other can get so depressed it stops eating and drinking and dies. They feel and act on such a wide range of emotions it’s kind of absurd.

One of the ways scientists test how happy or depressed they are after certain events is tossing them in water. The longer they fight to stay afloat the happier they are. The quicker they give up the more depressed they were. Kinda fucked but interesting

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
View attachment 87973
These little bitches were actually super cool. But they tend to live only a couple years. They were a couple of sister dwarf rats. Basically just rats that end up staying 1/3rd the size of a normal rat. They say rats are the “dogs” of the rodent pet group and with how they acted it seemed legit. Little fuckers would come up to the cage anytime I walked up to my office to greet me, would love to play with me, and were amazingly smart.
Would definitly recommend as a pet for someone living somewhere they can’t have cats/dogs but wants something fluffy and loyal. They need a nice amount of space because they are very active but most pieces of trash can be used for their play toys. You can teach them tricks and everything too if your really wanting to do that kinda shit. They will learn to be on your schedule (sleep when you aren’t around or are sleeping and awake when your around) because they are attached to you and it’s nice because if you need to leave for a few days you just leave plenty of extra food and water and they are alright no baby sitter needed. They will get bummed out if you ignore them or if they don’t have a playmate. They need companionship. And the shitty thing is when one dies if you don’t have a replacement buddy or more than 2 the other can get so depressed it stops eating and drinking and dies. They feel and act on such a wide range of emotions it’s kind of absurd.

One of the ways scientists test how happy or depressed they are after certain events is tossing them in water. The longer they fight to stay afloat the happier they are. The quicker they give up the more depressed they were. Kinda fucked but interesting
I had two domestic fancy rats as pets I raised from babies. They were amazingly attentive and engaging. Always curious and so very friendly. They would often escape their cage only to be found curled up with me in my bed. Honestly, if I couldn't have a cat or a dog, I'd have a rat again. So smart.

For those who have more than 1 cat, they will know and understand this one. The uppity youngster gets wrecked. Shadow just ran at Little one the same way and he body slammed her into the ground with one hell of a meaty thunk. She wanted no more after that.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I had two domestic fancy rats as pets I raised from babies. They were amazingly attentive and engaging. Always curious and so very friendly. They would often escape their cage only to be found curled up with me in my bed. Honestly, if I couldn't have a cat or a dog, I'd have a rat again. So smart.

For those who have more than 1 cat, they will know and understand this one. The uppity youngster gets wrecked. Shadow just ran at Little one the same way and he body slammed her into the ground with one hell of a meaty thunk. She wanted no more after that.

Holy shit that was funny. The audio track was a nice kicker.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
View attachment 87971She needs a proper haircut on the face but the groomer is working on her being calm with the clippers. She’s getting much better with people and maybe dogs per the daycare we sometimes drop her off at to burn off some extra energy.
But she’s been kicked outta the vet 2 times now. She’s got it in her records she needs to be on some sort of doggy Downers and muzzled before she shows up which of course doesn’t help her learn the vet is a happy place.

She’s young, so put in the work now to get her used to the vet and clippers. It’s a ton of work but will pay dividends in the future....

Im not sure how far you are from Warrenville, but Central Paw Grooming is phenomenal, the owner Abbie is great with Schnauzers, but they book out far in advance because of it. I take the drive from Streamwood because they always look the best when done there, and I’ve tried at least 10 local places and doing it myself. :rofl:

Reactions: ajdereicup

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
8CE071DD-7E0A-4A1D-AD83-50F2875DCA69.jpeg

My older ones not doing great, we just got off a round of steroids which helped her some, but her balance is still way off and now her right eye is messed up because she can’t blink that eye. Going to the vet again tomorrow to see about an ointment and to discuss if it’s time to put her down which will fucking kill me, but I don’t want her to be in any pain either.

Hoping i at least get this summer with her still.

ajdereicup

Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
She’s young, so put in the work now to get her used to the vet and clippers. It’s a ton of work but will pay dividends in the future....

Im not sure how far you are from Warrenville, but Central Paw Grooming is phenomenal, the owner Abbie is great with Schnauzers, but they book out far in advance because of it. I take the drive from Streamwood because they always look the best when done there, and I’ve tried at least 10 local places and doing it myself. :rofl:

yeah luckily the lady we started out with seems to really love Shelby and did a great job with her and it was obvious she had put in a ton of time with her to get her comfortable. Hell it takes me over an hour to get Shelby fully brushed on my own and same with when I’m giving her a bath. I did give the groomer a bunch of “special” treats to try and help the process along. Shelbys going back in Sunday for her 2nd cut we will see how that goes

Reactions: FESTER665

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
yeah luckily the lady we started out with seems to really love Shelby and did a great job with her and it was obvious she had put in a ton of time with her to get her comfortable. Hell it takes me over an hour to get Shelby fully brushed on my own and same with when I’m giving her a bath. I did give the groomer a bunch of “special” treats to try and help the process along. Shelbys going back in Sunday for her 2nd cut we will see how that goes

Funny that her name is the same as my older one...

Taking her to the vet this afternoon to see what our next plan of attack will be. Hoping for good news or at least not bad news.

Reactions: ajdereicup

Thread Info