Drag to reposition cover

Official Formula 1 Thread

WhiteKnuckleScat

Mopowah Baby!!
Donating Member
Reaction score
Which is why they should’ve just raced on Monday. When I went to nascar in Joliet it got rained out, they just raced the next day.

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
Good for him to speak out. Although it’s easy to say refund the fans when it’s not your money. I’m sure the track needs those funds as they paid a lot of money to host the race and pay everyone.
Yeah I’m sure he wouldn’t give up a penny of his $50m salary to help reimburse fans.

Why didn’t they reschedule for tomorrow?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
REALLY REALLY random thought. But TCG goes to F1 next year? Austin probably makes the most sense. Miami is probably going to be a shit show and insanely expensive... especially for the first year.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
REALLY REALLY random thought. But TCG goes to F1 next year? Austin probably makes the most sense. Miami is probably going to be a shit show and insanely expensive... especially for the first year.
I think I’m going to give you a bro hug (no docking). That’s a fucking awesome idea!!!

WhiteKnuckleScat

Mopowah Baby!!
Donating Member
Reaction score
I would most likely be down for this. Just a matter of how much it would be. Never been to a race before. Austin or Montreal would be my vote.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Not a chance in hell I'm driving to Texas :rofl:

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
It’s not that far, like 1100 miles. Would be hard to plan ahead for hotels that are enroute though.

Endless Shenanigans

Bru

Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
It wasn't too bad, price wise, when me Bru Bru and IDAFC21 IDAFC21 went years back.

Wouldn't conflict with Tour either...theoretically.
I didn’t think it was that bad considering how chock-full the weekend is with racing and other entertainment. I mean, we didn’t get to see any of that because we were rained out for two days before we saw any on track action, but theoretically.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
he was such a debbie downer at the end "What a miserable day" :LOL:

He's not wrong tho.

But I mean, what could they have really done today. That rain did NOT let up all day.

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
srsly though, why didn't they reschedule for Monday

Props to the announcers for managing to talk for 3.5 hours with no racing to discuss whatsoever lol. NFW I could have done that

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I toyed with the idea of going to a Canada Grand Prix a few years ago when I had a buddy who lived in Detroit which was about halfway there IIRC.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
lol.. I was all excited to watch the race after the qualifying and avoided all spoilers. started the replay of the race and was like.. ohh rain.. 10 min delay. FastForward 10 mins.... ohh 20 min delay. forward 20 mins and was like ohh fuck. skipped like 45 min ahead.. then an hour. then to the podium celebration.. lol. That was a let down.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
srsly though, why didn't they reschedule for Monday

Props to the announcers for managing to talk for 3.5 hours with no racing to discuss whatsoever lol. NFW I could have done that
It came up at one point during the rain delay.

The Stewards have M-F jobs. There were logistical issues with the TV crew as well. They mentioned had it been postponed to today, the race may have happened (if there were stewards available) but it may not have been televised.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Not to mention the logistics of having to delay all the transports a day. Granted they’re going to the Netherlands, only a few hours away, but still a massive undertaking.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
And it’s basically confirmed Russell goes to Mercedes. Gonna be an interesting year
Not exactly. Nothing is confirmed yet.

Kimi stating he is retiring is a fact that he himself announced. Anything regarding Russell is merely speculation at this point.

WhiteKnuckleScat

Mopowah Baby!!
Donating Member
Reaction score
Mercedes being weird, I know I heard someplace that they have there driver lineup set for next year but haven’t announced anything yet.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I think they’re going to keep Bottas around for next year. They’re developing a new car and will want someone with experience to help sort it out. Can only do so much in a simulator. Can’t see them taking a risk with Russell, even though he’s fast in the current car. Hamilton, no matter his Whinyness says, won’t want to be dealing with a new driver while sorting out the car. Though it might give him an excuse if they falter. He definitely won’t want another Rosberg situation to contend with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom