Sports 🏎️ Official Formula 1 Thread

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So some fuel may get spilled in the pitlane that the next car ignites when it drives over it, or some poor knob may get dragged halfway down the pitlane w/ the fuel hose still attached when they let the car go too early, whats the problem!!!
The problem is they might not get it on camera.

/sarcasm

I’m both for it and against it. Against it wins simply because of the safety aspect. That’s the priority.

They could do other things to liven up the racing. Make the drivers use each tire compound at least once during the race. Reduce all the fancy aero bits. No DRS if the car in front of you is NOT in the position ahead of you. Which no one has yet to explain why a front runner can use their DRS with a back marker.

I would really like to see them get rid of the fuel regulations, like fuel flow rates so the teams can uncork the engines and really let them go full revs and power. However you’d have to substantially increase fuel capacity or bring back refueling.

Or, remove the regulation and the driver has to manage the fuel rates? Give them some old Lucas Electronics fuel gauges. No one will know how much fuel they actually have, lol.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Im really OK with no refueling. The only thing I miss is the strategy it brought into the race. How much fuel do you start the race with, how long do you keep the car stationary to add fuel, etc. There was a variable factor there every time a car pulled into the pits. Now, every team is expected to get their car in and out in 2 seconds or less every time, the pressure of which often produces the negative effect of a team like Haas having to retire both their cars in a race because the tires were not secure before the cars leave the pits. Which produces far less exciting racing.

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Did you guys ever see this? Ted Kravitz was showing his phone on live TV and his friends saw...

Ted Kravitz.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Actually, I’m a little surprised. He should have signed with Ferrari, but probably would have to concede he is no longer the #1 driver. He still has talent, just needs some better control under pressure. Usually he is the one that forces others to make mistakes, but the last few years that table has been turned on him.

A hop to McLaren would be interesting. What would be even more so is if he could land at Williams and turn their shit chassis around. Mercedes would have another former world champion running their engine.

News.com.au: F1 2020: Daniel Ricciardo Ferrari move rejected, Carlos Sainz replaces
Sebastian Vettel.

Looks like Sainz is their man.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Plus he’s too free going. Ferrari is very rigid and stringent, especially with their public image and politics. That’s largely why Kimi was happy to leave. At Alfa things are much more relaxed and he can enjoy himself.

Ric definitely needs a better car under him, but I don’t think he would have enjoyed being at Ferrari for long.

So, does Seb takes Sainz’s spot?

For a long time I have despised Vettel, going back to Suzuka where he was whining on the radio “it’s not fair!”, and when he stole Webber’s victory. Then when he dissed Charlie at Mexico 2018, oooof, what a cock.

However, the switch of position placards at Canada last year was fucking epic. That was awesome.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
BAM!

"McLaren has confirmed the signing of Daniel Ricciardo on a multi-year contract from 2021 onwards, in place of Ferrari-bound Carlos Sainz."

Thread Info