And that's, that.
ff9061f5ef22fef8899b34e8d0138718.jpg

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Man what a race today. Would have loved to see Leclerc get his first win, but man what a drive from Max, especially after his horrible start. And on red bulls home turf with that sea of orange cheering him on, you couldn't have crafted it better. So glad he didn't get a penalty for that overtake also. If they would have penalized him for that, this would have been the last F1 race I ever watched.

Stink Star

Donā€™t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Yea I gotta say this was one of the best races in recent history. When we started watching the wife was figuring itā€™d get boring after a few minutes and weā€™d get some chores done but she was glued to the TV the entire race. She was pushing hard for Leclerc but was happy Maxā€™s penalty didnā€™t stick. Iā€™m just happy somebody besides a Mercedes won

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Apparently there was a problem w/ the radio communication between the pit crew when they were being told they had to get out. How does that even happen in the garage? :rofl: But yeah, to make matters worse, the rear left guy nearly flung the tire into the path of bottas. That really would have stalled him!

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
First Honda powered car to win since Button had his first win in Hungary in 2006. I still remember that race like it was yesterday cuz I was literally jumping up and down in excitement for Button's first win in that car. :rofl: I will never forget that race. That was definitely one for the books.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
That was actually another damn exciting race today, from start to finish, just nonstop battles all around. Haven't seen a race that was that consistently exciting throughout in a long time. Poor Bottas tho. Gets screwed by the safety car, and then loses fast lap to hamilton on the very last lap :rofl:

And Vettel....oh Vettel......

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Vettel and Grosjean. Rookie mistake by Vettel plowing into the back of Verstappen, but at least he eventually owned up to it. But Grosjean tagging the ARMCO leaving the pit in FP1 is just unacceptable for someone who has been at the Formula 1 level for 10 years. First question I had was, is he going to blame Ericsson, who was 3500 miles away? He needs to go and they need to find a better driver.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Not only that, but didn't he also push Magnussen wide on the opening lap, thus causing both cars to have a rear go down putting them into 19th and 20th?

Even if he is a "pay driver" he needs to go. He is not doing Haas any favors and they could do much better. They brought him on as an experienced driver to help with the development of their car. When you can't even control it going down hot pit how can he be expected to contribute meaningful data on car development?

When Danill "Torpedo" Kvyat is now a better driver that is younger and less experienced you know you're doing something wrong.

Haas should grab an American driver to bolster their US presence and interest. Alexander Rossi would have been a good choice, but he didn't have the F1 experience since he got screwed for a few years.

Heck, bring back Rubens Barrichello or sweet talk Felipe Massa out of Formula-E. Alonso would be a great choice, but I think he's moved on for a while. Personally I'd really like to see Button back in a car, but since the passing of his father he really lost the motivation for F1 and likes what he is doing now.

Button and Alonso made a great team as the most experienced drivers on the roster, and they had a blast doing it, even in an under-performing car. McLaren really botched things up with their zero-day engine demands from Honda. Now that Honda can properly do engine development and building without the demands and restrictions from McLaren they're making a solid piece of kit that's proving dependable and is competitive.

Another option would be to grab Kimi. Now that he's no longer under the stressful demands of the works Ferarri team he's having a good time. He's got excellent skills and is familiar with the Ferrari engine that's in the Haas cars.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Well, Ocon is just standing around not doing much, he'd be a good fit if they can wrestle him away from Mercedes. He should have gotten the drive instead of PereÅŗ. Frankly I'm surprised at how poorly Kubica is doing. I was really rooting for him to score a full time drive with Williams, but his younger and less experienced teammate is doing better every race weekend. I know the car is bad, but I had higher expectations of him and don't see him having a drive next year.

Button would be a great teacher for younger talent, but he'd need to get a feel for the car to pass on what he can learn from it. He's got a natural talent for driving, is an excellent communicator, and can just be plain funny. Like when Alonso did Indy instead of Monaco and Button filled in driving Alonso' car. "I'm going to pee in your seat..." Priceless.

I'd have to see how he is performing, but Mick Schumacher would be a good addition based on name recognition alone.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Button would be a great teacher for younger talent, but he'd need to get a feel for the car to pass on what he can learn from it. He's got a natural talent for driving, is an excellent communicator, and can just be plain funny. Like when Alonso did Indy instead of Monaco and Button filled in driving Alonso' car. "I'm going to pee in your seat..." Priceless.

That still cracks me up :rofl: Button/Ocon would be a great pairing. But merc has Ocon locked up and that's just a damn shame. So much wasted potential.

Thread Info