Official Ford Maverick thread.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Pictures and video in the link above

I saw a tremor driving the other day, looked so legit. Really like it.

1678282455917.png

I just can't imagine $40k for something this size.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I saw a tremor driving the other day, looked so legit. Really like it.

Again, not everyone wants a giant truck. Not everyone wants a compact truck. To each their own. Luckily we have options.

But a Maverick Tremor with Lariet Lux package is like $33,600. Without other options, destination, etc, The one you posted has some options.

Using the same Base + Lariat + Tremor pricing, Ford shows a Ranger Tremor is $42,865 and the F150 Tremor is $61,000.

I get that they are priced differently for many reasons than just size. Engine, driveline, interior, etc. But I think their pricing structure makes sense. I think the Maverick isn't priced badly at all. You have to remember, the average car price a year or so ago was reported to be $40k. So a model with the higher-end interior option and special offroad option for $34K doesn't seem bad at all.

Reactions: dpwalsh14

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
i wish gm had a tiny truck like this so i could bitch about pricing and just have the blind ford nutswingers agree with me there that way.

Ford ruined the Maverick by offering a $20k base truck. Makes the higher-end ones seem expensive. haha

Give it some time, it seems many manufacturers are playing with the idea of a compact truck for the US market. You'll have your chance.

I am not a Ford nut swinger. I am an equal opportunity nut swinger. haha

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Ford ruined the Maverick by offering a $20k base truck. Makes the higher-end ones seem expensive. haha

Give it some time, it seems many manufacturers are playing with the idea of a compact truck for the US market. You'll have your chance.

I am not a Ford nut swinger. I am an equal opportunity nut swinger. haha
Disappointed Tampa Bay Rays GIF by MLB

• Haha
Reactions: Pressure Ratio

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The price of trucks is too damn high
They are no longer the work trucks we grew up with. That is for sure. 1960's to 1990's trucks were mainly owned by tradesmen and farmers. People who would never have bought a 1992 single-cab F150 would have no problem owning a 2022 half-ton. They are too damn nice. Do they still call them half-tons? :rofl:

Reactions: Mr_Roboto

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
They are no longer the work trucks we grew up with. That is for sure. 1960's to 1990's trucks were mainly owned by tradesmen and farmers. People who would never have bought a 1992 single-cab F150 would have no problem owning a 2022 half-ton. They are too damn nice. Do they still call them half-tons? :rofl:
My wife drives around in a truck that's arguably capable as an early 90s half ton or more so. Doesn't think anything of it at all. I think it drives me nuts not her, the Colorado has something like a 140" wheel base and I find it a bitch to park.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
My wife drives around in a truck that's arguably capable as an early 90s half ton or more so. Doesn't think anything of it at all. I think it drives me nuts not her, the Colorado has something like a 140" wheel base and I find it a bitch to park.

Ya, new SUV and trucks have tow ratings that are no joke. As mid & full-size trucks keep getting bigger, I can see where people might gravitate towards the compact market. Especially for people who live in populated areas. Where space isn't plentiful. The Maverick wheelbase is roughly 121". The Santa Cruz is 118". So ya, that is going to make them more maneuverable. I see people in Full-size trucks and SUV struggling with parking, hitting curbs when making turns, and so on. Suburbans everywhere by me. They are just massive.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Ya, new SUV and trucks have tow ratings that are no joke. As mid & full-size trucks keep getting bigger, I can see where people might gravitate towards the compact market. Especially for people who live in populated areas. Where space isn't plentiful. The Maverick wheelbase is roughly 121". The Santa Cruz is 118". So ya, that is going to make them more maneuverable. I see people in Full-size trucks and SUV struggling with parking, hitting curbs when making turns, and so on. Suburbans everywhere by me. They are just massive.

this is just everyone driving in general.

Worst vehicle Iā€™ve ever owned at any price. I had a saturn i paid 3k for that i commuted in for three years that i like better, although wasnā€™t as practical with towing ability. At least it hasnā€™t left me stranded..yet.

22 xlt with fx4 and 4k towing. Paid 27,3xx with no dealer fees. Sticker was 30. Almost 12k miles. 1500 towing including through Tennessee mountains. 500 miles was likely over 6k. Iā€™m 6ā€™2ā€ 170. Getting right at 28 mpg using the dash computer over the last 2000 miles or so. 32 mpg at 80 on flat interstate is the norm. 18 towing or loaded. Only mod start stop delete

Interior bad:
The ā€œcarpetā€ Is pretty much hard cardboard with some dead cat hair glued to it.
Seat covers are loose and bunch up all over.
Plastics ? the absolute cheapest garbage that ever existed. They scratch so easily itā€™s unbelievable. Complete junk.
Dash is warping
Screen looks like Atari game quality, on par with my zr1.
Bluetooth connectivity is the most aggravating thing Iā€™ve ever used. It is complete garbage. Literally drops every time i use it. I turn the radio off unless i listen to talk radio. Itā€™s that bad. No Pandora unless you use apple and you have to use the cord for that. Smh
Rear view mirror is moved all the way up and is still in the way.
Overall the interior should be in a custom fleet truck not even an xl, let alone an xlt.

Interior good:
Front seats are comfortable on a 500 mile trip.
Rear seat room is adequate.
Outward visibility is great except for mirror blind spot.
Seating position is ok

Exterior bad:
Thinnest cheapest paint ever. Chips are horrible.
Body fitment is bad.
Horrible tires on the fx4 pkg. really bad in the snow, most flats Iā€™ve ever had. Maybe bad luck, maybe the tires pick them up easier dunno

Exterior good:
Styling is boring but ok.
Cool wheels

Powertrain bad:

Shakes at idle excessively.
Breaks up under acceleration periodically.

Powertrain good:
Pulls over 4k up a mountain without a problem.
Towing logic and brakes are perfect.
Transmission

Suspension bad:

Front end is horribly loose. Like going over bumps you feel like you could lose control loose.
Clunks when turning right.
Handling is complete crap. On ramps are ā€œfunā€ because the suspension is so unpredictable you donā€™t know which personality you are going to get on any given day.

Suspension good:
Good thing itā€™s not worse

Iā€™m sure i could add to this of i actually let the hatred flow through my body and mind for a while, but this is just a quick off the top rundown.

The most redeeming quality is the price and utility, and i personally do really like the overall size. Donā€™t expect much, because you arenā€™t going to get much. Get the cheapest model you can and tow and haul with it and you will likely be ok with it. As a commuter, meh. I expected more and thatā€™s likely my mistake. Itā€™s a short term ? though, so Iā€™ll be wiping and flushing in a year or so.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Worst vehicle Iā€™ve ever owned at any price. I had a saturn i paid 3k for that i commuted in for three years that i like better, although wasnā€™t as practical with towing ability. At least it hasnā€™t left me stranded..yet.

22 xlt with fx4 and 4k towing. Paid 27,3xx with no dealer fees. Sticker was 30. Almost 12k miles. 1500 towing including through Tennessee mountains. 500 miles was likely over 6k. Iā€™m 6ā€™2ā€ 170. Getting right at 28 mpg using the dash computer over the last 2000 miles or so. 32 mpg at 80 on flat interstate is the norm. 18 towing or loaded. Only mod start stop delete

Interior bad:
The ā€œcarpetā€ Is pretty much hard cardboard with some dead cat hair glued to it.
Seat covers are loose and bunch up all over.
Plastics ? the absolute cheapest garbage that ever existed. They scratch so easily itā€™s unbelievable. Complete junk.
Dash is warping
Screen looks like Atari game quality, on par with my zr1.
Bluetooth connectivity is the most aggravating thing Iā€™ve ever used. It is complete garbage. Literally drops every time i use it. I turn the radio off unless i listen to talk radio. Itā€™s that bad. No Pandora unless you use apple and you have to use the cord for that. Smh
Rear view mirror is moved all the way up and is still in the way.
Overall the interior should be in a custom fleet truck not even an xl, let alone an xlt.

Interior good:
Front seats are comfortable on a 500 mile trip.
Rear seat room is adequate.
Outward visibility is great except for mirror blind spot.
Seating position is ok

Exterior bad:
Thinnest cheapest paint ever. Chips are horrible.
Body fitment is bad.
Horrible tires on the fx4 pkg. really bad in the snow, most flats Iā€™ve ever had. Maybe bad luck, maybe the tires pick them up easier dunno

Exterior good:
Styling is boring but ok.
Cool wheels

Powertrain bad:

Shakes at idle excessively.
Breaks up under acceleration periodically.

Powertrain good:
Pulls over 4k up a mountain without a problem.
Towing logic and brakes are perfect.
Transmission

Suspension bad:

Front end is horribly loose. Like going over bumps you feel like you could lose control loose.
Clunks when turning right.
Handling is complete crap. On ramps are ā€œfunā€ because the suspension is so unpredictable you donā€™t know which personality you are going to get on any given day.

Suspension good:
Good thing itā€™s not worse

Iā€™m sure i could add to this of i actually let the hatred flow through my body and mind for a while, but this is just a quick off the top rundown.

The most redeeming quality is the price and utility, and i personally do really like the overall size. Donā€™t expect much, because you arenā€™t going to get much. Get the cheapest model you can and tow and haul with it and you will likely be ok with it. As a commuter, meh. I expected more and thatā€™s likely my mistake. Itā€™s a short term ? though, so Iā€™ll be wiping and flushing in a year or so.

Sat in a Maverick at the Auto Show and the first thing that came to mind wasā€¦. 1980s Ford Ranger.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info