Ford Official Ford Maverick thread.

frank

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Is there a need for a mid sized pick up inbetween a ranger and f series? Is the Maverick competition the Honda ridgeline?

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
So... light truck?

How much fucking "lighter" can you go than an Escape with a bed?

i mean, kinda what it is. but plenty of people have bitched PLENTY that the new ranger/colorado are ToO BiG

seems like it's based off of the city transit from what i'm reading.

also looks like there will be a ford flex-ish one.

i mean shit, Outlaw Outlaw was posting up that mini fwd mexican el camino thing that's pretty sweet too.

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Engine, Transmission, and Performance
If the Bronco Sport donates its powertrain lineup to the Maverick—which we expect—we should find either a turbocharged 1.5-liter three-cylinder or a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder under the hood. The four pot will likely deliver the best performance and towing capacity considering its 245-hp output; the three-cylinder makes 181-hp, which is likely to deliver adequate power for unladen driving but for hauling and towing it may feel anemic. Ford may also choose to drop in a hybrid or plug-in hybrid powertrain, but we don't expect either of those to be available at the pickup's launch. Once we get a chance to drive the Maverick, we'll update this story with driving impressions and test results.

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
i mean, kinda what it is. but plenty of people have bitched PLENTY that the new ranger/colorado are ToO BiG

i mean shit, Outlaw Outlaw was posting up that mini fwd mexican el camino thing that's pretty sweet too.
When the Raptor was getting that stupid coolant elbow replaced, they gave me a Ranger. Of course, I deleted the picture, but I could've sworn it was barely any bigger (height and width wise) than the wife's XJ. Then again, I'm used to the fucking behemoth that my truck is, so my memory may be biased because that thing was TINY compared to my Raptor and I hated every second of being in it.

If that's tOo BiG for whoever is buying it, just buy a cuck Rav4 or a Civic and embrace the fact you'll never need a truck.

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
When I was looking at trucks I looked at the colorado for a second. It was the same size at the ex's trail hawk and had less interior room.

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
When the Raptor was getting that stupid coolant elbow replaced, they gave me a Ranger.

Of course, I deleted the picture, but I could've sworn it was barely any bigger (height and width wise) than the wife's XJ.

dude it's way bigger than an XJ :rofl:

XJ 167.5" long 66.7" tall 70.5" wide

ranger supercab 6' bed 210.8" long 71.1" tall 85.8" wide with mirrors, 73.3 without

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I dig the concept. I also have zero confidence in it being useful.

I’ll have to see this one, but I’m leaning towards it still being more of a sport activity vehicle than a pickup. If they do a regular cab version with a 6’ bed I’ll change my mind. But for now, this just looks like something owned by a guy that sends a “truck stuff” Snapchat when he puts a miter saw in the back that he rented from Home Depot because his wife wants crown molding like she saw on Pinterest

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I dig the concept. I also have zero confidence in it being useful.

I’ll have to see this one, but I’m leaning towards it still being more of a sport activity vehicle than a pickup. If they do a regular cab version with a 6’ bed I’ll change my mind. But for now, this just looks like something owned by a guy that sends a “truck stuff” Snapchat when he puts a miter saw in the back that he rented from Home Depot because his wife wants crown molding like she saw on Pinterest
isn't that like the chevy thing you were posting though? :rofl:

Five-0

Regular
Reaction score
Ford is pissing me off. First they ruin the Mustang name with a EV SUV, then they ruin the Maverick name by making another truck. This is 'MERICA damn it!

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Rangers/Colorado’s ARE too big. Park a new Colorado next to a GMT800 pickup. They’re about the same.

Interior room is a joke in any new vehicle because everyone needs 73 airbags and a HMMWV width center console for some god forsaken reason.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
isn't that like the chevy thing you were posting though? :rofl:
That was single cab utilitarian truck that still had a close to 6’ bed length.

I think this is going to be reminiscent of a Subaru Baja as far as bed size goes.

That’s why I said I’ll revise my judgment if they make one with a regular cab and 6’ bed.

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
It's interesting

Seems Subaru Baja ish
That was single cab utilitarian truck that still had a close to 6’ bed length.

I think this is going to be reminiscent of a Subaru Baja as far as bed size goes.

That’s why I said I’ll revise my judgment if they make one with a regular cab and 6’ bed.

OP
Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
no one would buy a new version reg cab 6' bed.

so it won't be a thing

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
The 2019 Ranger is 200 mm longer than the old model, actually within a couple of mm of the full-size F150 of a decade ago. ... The new Ranger is 393 mm wider and 50 mm taller than the previous version.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
no one would buy a new version reg cab 6' bed.

so it won't be a thing
I didn’t say anyone would buy it. I just don’t find a truck with a 42” bed to be useful for much of anything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom