Official Chicago Bulls Thread

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Out here in Denver, there is talk that the Bulls are looking into a Mello/Noah trade. I think he's going to the Nets, but what's the talk around Chi-town?

I doubt this trade will happen. Paxson and the Bulls realize what they have in Noah. They might trade other players but I think Noah is here to stay. Any Bulls personnel or people close to them who have been interviewed have said Noah is too much to give. He "fits" into the Bulls' plans and team. Carmello is a great player but an unknown quantity as far as fitting into the mix. I don't see the Bulls risking what they have on an unknown. They are already basically a shooting guard away from domination of the league and they are working on that. It's easier to find a 2 than a 4/5

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Out here in Denver, there is talk that the Bulls are looking into a Mello/Noah trade. I think he's going to the Nets, but what's the talk around Chi-town?

Before the season that rumor was floated... but apparently Denver stalled on talks and the Bulls came to their senses and locked up Noah long term. The guy is a defensive monster and the heart of the team... no way Thibs would want to let go of him.

Soon as the Bulls signed Noah to the 5 year extension the Melo talks were dead. And in all honesty, he isn't what this team needs. Where would he get his 20 shots a game from? ....would he ever play defense?

That being said, I really hope the Bulls can manage to steal Arron Afflalo away from the Nuggets for their 1st rounder and JJ. He is a young, athletic, all around play shooting guard with length who can stroke the long ball. 50% from the field, 43% from 3 land and 86% from the line. If the Bulls could swing a trade for him I don't think anyone in the East could stop them.

jvert

Go Bulls and Cubs
Jul 27, 2006
Bulls look great. I was so happy when they picked up Boozer during the off season. They are really solid team. Playoffs are going to be sick. They have a killer home record and play great againts the elite NBA teams. I agree I believe they ad a shooting guard and they will be better off. Its nice because every one is talking about the Heat, Boston and Orlando. Bulls are going to surprise some people and teams. Chicago is a basketball town so glad the bulls are in the mix again.

Box1.000001

Money Handler for HTR
Mar 5, 2008
Tentative deal sending Carmelo to New Jersey pending on Carmelo agreeing to sign a 3yr/$65 mil. deal with the Nets. I don't think Carmelo pulls the trigger. He's gotta look at the New Jersey roster, and realize that this team is not gonna compete for atleast another couple years.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Tentative deal sending Carmelo to New Jersey pending on Carmelo agreeing to sign a 3yr/$65 mil. deal with the Nets. I don't think Carmelo pulls the trigger. He's gotta look at the New Jersey roster, and realize that this team is not gonna compete for atleast another couple years.

Carmelo wants the Knicks but they can't afford him.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
The Bulls look good, the Blackhawks just won the Stanley Cup, the Bears just made it to the NFC championship... What's next, the Cubs go to the world series?... Maybe they are right about the end of the world in 2012.

White Sox take the pennant in '11. Cubs give fans a month or two of good baseball and then collapse.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
:lmao:

I thought this was a Bulls thread! :argue:

Noah will be back next week and if they can stay healthy *knock on wood* watch out!!! The Bulls have a great chance in the playoffs. This is definately the best Bulls team since 1998, their last championship.

Right now they're in 3rd place in the east, I think they could make it to 1st.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info