šŸˆ NFL Official Chicago Bears Draft Discussion

What should the Bears do with the #1 pick in the 2023 NFL Draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I dont want to hear any fucking excuses in year 3. Its put up or shut up time.
I really want him to be that guy, but only time will tell
Year 3, but only 2nd year in the same offense. I think fucking Nagy really screwed him year 1 by putting him in when he wasn't ready.

My guess is the season will start off rocky the first few games and then pick up after that. I hope.

Reactions: Maro

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Super Bowl!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Fields has his WR1 and a much better team. If the O line can give him time, I expect a big jump over last season's stats. Allen and Hurts were in similar situations with idiot fans calling for them to be cut until they got their WR1s in year 3. Now the idiot fans love them.
Who the fuck are you calling an idiot. Put names behind that comment

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Justin had almost too easy a game. Bears showed their new speed. No way Monty scores that Herbert TD. DJ Moore is exactly who I thought he was. He's going to bring smiles to Bear fans faces.

8 sacks. 4 turnovers. It's preseason but that's a lot better than last year.

Velus and Scott need to go to some kind of ball handling symposium.

Walker looked pretty bad.

Gipson stepped up big time. Bears challenged him by putting him bottom of the depth chart and he responded.

You guys see the O linemen going all the way to the goal line with their blocks?

Stevenson and Lewis are going to be good additions.

All in all, a good start.

Reactions: blue-sun

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I'm not trying to prove you guys wrong. We all want the Bears to win. I know how hard it is to cheer them on after years of disappointment. I like the moves Poles is making and the way the team is shaping up. Playoffs is the goal this year. Easy schedule and a lot of weapons they didn't have last year. Justin needs to be the guy. As mentioned, he has no excuses now.

Reactions: Shawn1112

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Again, as good as all those things are, this is a pre-season game. It isn't being played at a normal NFL level speed/capacity all 4 quarters. It is basically a stretching/warm-up event before the main season. Get a few of your main peeps in for a few reps, rotate people in/out, on both sides of the ball.

So yes, they looked good. But lets see how it works when things get real.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
H1M:

3 pass attempts
3 Completions
129 Passing Yards
2 TDs

* Only one pass was caught beyond the line of scrimmage (5 Yards) and the second TD had 2 linemen downfield that wasn't called. *
I've seen shit all over the internet "where all the haters that said he cant pass now", and similar shit. I didnt see the game, but saw the highlights, but I'm sitting there like, it was 2 fucking screen passes with a shit ton of YAC. DJ Moore has spent his short career making shit QB's look good with his YAC ability.
And again, its the fucking PRE-SEASON, pump your fucking brakes until this shit happens in games that matter. Some of these people on the net are screaming SB after Saturday, SMFH.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I'm not trying to prove you guys wrong. We all want the Bears to win. I know how hard it is to cheer them on after years of disappointment. I like the moves Poles is making and the way the team is shaping up. Playoffs is the goal this year. Easy schedule and a lot of weapons they didn't have last year. Justin needs to be the guy. As mentioned, he has no excuses now.
I never thought I would agree with you on a Bears post, well most of the post lol

• Haha
Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Again, once NFL defenses are playing at full speed, we'll see his real progression...
Or regression lol
Nah, I seriously hope he is able to take the next step. If he has to rush for 1000 yards again, then he isnt the one and its not progression imo
He needs to pass for 3500 yards (roughly 200yds per game), throw 25+ TD's and limit his turnover's to have a successful season or to have taken the next step

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
If anything that game showed that the entire offense stepped up, not just Fields. Hell Mahomes and the Chiefs were and still could be the kings of short pass = long gains. Especially when Hill was with them. Hill could catch a bubble screen and ZOMG MAHOMES IS THE BEST!!!

I dont even care if Fields is a top 3 QB. I just want a competent unit throwing points on the board like its a god damn Madden game.

Reactions: Aircal

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Yea, as long as the sticks keep getting moved and they can punch it in the end zone for actual points, I don't care what he does because he must be doing something well to manage the offense at that point. I really don't need him to be a gunslinging world beater TBH. I just want efficient, capable offense, to when they're in 3rd and long, or get pushed back by a penalty or two, they can manage and overcome. Right now, the Bears get 3rd and long and I think most of us pretty much write-off this series and hope the defense can come out and stop something to give us another possession.

Reactions: Shawn1112 and Maro

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
That's fine, but they have to have more than a couple trick plays and then use them randomly (as needed) instead of becoming predictable. This is what happened to Trestman. Along with having to complicated of offensive schemes, it was that other teams figured out his cadences and formations and then were able to pick them apart and Trestman wasn't able to adapt.

Thread Info