Official, Brand Spanking New, 2020 Chicago Bears Thread - Gotta be better than 2019? (It's NOT)

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Chuck the WR at the line and it's over 2 seconds to go 20 yds. Remember, the fastest 40 times are in the low 4s. I get what you are saying but I am confident the Bears are going to use a system similar to what Floyd was used in and get better results with Quinn. I'm excited to see what the Bears rush looks like this year.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Chuck the WR at the line and it's over 2 seconds to go 20 yds. Remember, the fastest 40 times are in the low 4s. I get what you are saying but I am confident the Bears are going to use a system similar to what Floyd was used in and get better results with Quinn. I'm excited to see what the Bears rush looks like this year.
I have ZERO confidence in anything the Bears do. The Jimmy Graham and Quinn signing cement that imo.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Indy just signed Trey Burton for the vet minimum. He will also get his guaranteed $4 mil. from the Bears.

Could mean Cole Kmet will drop a bit further in the draft because Indy doesn't need to draft a TE now.
I wish/hope he is there at #43, but knowing the Bears they would pass on him. Heard on sports radio this morning he is also ND's closer on the baseball team. Never has committed a full year to football in his life.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I have been talking on sports forums about the need for the Bears to finally invest in the O line. Years of neglect have given them one of the worst O lines in the league. If you can't run and your QB has no time to throw, you end up with an offense that looks like the Bears did last year. In any kind of close pick, I'm taking the O line over other positions. For the future. I'd even consider multiple O line picks in this draft. It's one of the deepest O line drafts in a long time. The TE position is weak in comparison.

Problem is other teams understand how important the O line is and, in a worst case scenario, I can see 10 O line picks happening before the Bears are on the clock.

I'm hoping to see a lot of LB and D line picks on Thursday. That would help the Bears at their need positions.

Reactions: Maro

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Picks are OK but Bears have not addressed the O line needs except for picking up a mediocre player. I think they are making a mistake. Will Leno be flying through the air missing his targets again this year? Will Massey be pushed back into Foles/Trubisky? Will the Bears have any kind of running game? It all starts in the trenches.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
A couple pre-draft reports on the bears picks

Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame
Height: 6-6. Weight: 262. Arm: 33. Hand: 10.5.
40 Time: 4.70.
Projected Round (2020): 2-3.

4/21/20: At the combine, Kmet helped himself by running well in the 40 and looking good in the field drills. Team sources say Kmet is a big tight end with the body of a Y - blocking - tight end. They say he is a typical Y athlete and not special in the passing game. He will make the occasional play as an underneath receiver but will struggle to separate in the NFL because he lacks the speed to be a true receiving threat.

Sources say that Kmet is not a killer blocker in the run game and needs to improve in that role. They feel he is better than other tight end prospects, but they don't see him as a first-round talent.

Kmet was one of the best tight ends in college football during the 2019 season, catching 43 passes for 515 yards and six touchdowns. He has good size for the NFL and the ability to become a three-down starter. Kmet had a huge jump in production compared to his sophomore year, when he totaled only 15 receptions for 162 yards.​

Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah
Height: 6-0. Weight: 193. Arm: 31.38. Hand: 9.38.
Projected 40 Time: 4.50.
Projected Round (2020): 2-3.

4/22/20: Johnson is a solid zone corner who has instincts and some ball skills, but team sources note Johnson is very thin with a skinny lower body and is extremely tight. They have concerns about him getting pushed around by pro receivers. Johnson recorded 36 tackles with 11 passes broken up and two interceptions in 2019. He put together an impressive game against Washington.

6/22/19: Johnson had a strong 2018 season for Utah with four interceptions, four breakups and 41 tackles. He totaled 25 tackles with an interceptions and six passes broken up as a freshman. Johnson has quality size and ball skills.​

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info