Official, Brand Spanking New, 2020 Chicago Bears Thread - Gotta be better than 2019? (It's NOT)

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Can someone please fucking fire Ryan Pace.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Shawn1112

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Yup...:picard:

Bears sign TE Jimmy Graham (2 years, $16 million): O'BRIEN Grade
Wait a second... Jimmy Graham's not retiring? This is absolutely shocking news. I assumed Graham would be forced to hang up the cleats after coming off a miserable season in Green Bay. Apparently, the Bears didn't pay attention to how horribly Graham performed in 2019.

I don't understand this signing. Paying Graham anything more than the minimum would be an overpay, and yet Chicago is willing to give him $8 million per season. Graham is decrepit and can barely move, and he wasn't productive with Aaron Rodgers. If he couldn't do anything with Rodgers, how can he possibly do well with whichever mediocre or horrible quarterback the Bears opt to go with in 2020? This is the type of signing Bill O'Brien would make, so I'm forced to give Chicago an "F" for this move

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Jimmy Graham: "How much? Gimme a pen. I was going to retire."

Unless Pace scores 100% the rest of the way in free agency/draft, I am done with him. Tired of him overpaying for crap. Look at the highly paid Offensive Line for more Pace idiocy.

What's Graham's upside? 40 for 500 with 4 TDs? With Trubisky throwing to him? I don't think so.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Bears sign DE Robert Quinn (5 years, $70 million; $30 million guaranteed): D Grade
I have a feeling that the public and media is going to love this move for the Bears, and I can understand why. The prospect of Khalil Mack and Robert Quinn teaming up together to terrorize quarterbacks seems like a winning formula.

However, I don't think it'll work for a couple of reasons. First, Quinn hasn't played well in the 3-4 in the past. He struggled with the Rams when they transitioned to a 3-4, and so it wasn't a surprise that he rebounded in Dallas' 4-3. I don't know why he would go to a team running a 3-4 again. It's almost as if he doesn't even know his weaknesses, and it's more damning that the Bears don't either, given that NFL players are generally optimistic about their abilities.

Second, Quinn is now 30, so the Bears appear to be paying on past production. It's more likely than not that Quinn will regress at least a little bit in regard to his athletic ability.

Given these two items, as well as the very high price, I must grade this poorly. You could argue that this deserves an O'BRIEN grade, but I'll be optimistic like Quinn and grade this as a "D."

Very good points made on the 3-4 v 4-3 systems he's played in

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Happy to have Foles. I think he'll be a decent holdover until they can draft a QB in the future.

Trubisky has to be one of the worst draft mistakes in recent history....taking Mitch over Mahomes and Watson. Set the franchise back at least 5 years.
Not only that but wasted a top 5 defense for 3 out of those 5 years. Game manger and a run game and Bears shoulda made deep playoff runs last couple of years

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info