• Haha
Reactions: HeavyG

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Real Name
Mike
Huggerorange73 huggerorange73 I know your a TLR fan and dont think any of this is his fault.
So a team that cant even get basic fundamentals down isnt the managers fault? 1st and 3rd with 1 out and your a fly ball away from tying the game. Who the fuck in their right mind tries to tag up and advance from 1st on that play. Even if its something talked about or even practiced, then who the fuck didnt inform the idiot on 3rd to hustle instead of jogging. They are a complete joke and I'm loving every bit of it. 3rd year of being in their window and looking like another early exit from the playoffs lol.
Shawn1112 Shawn1112 fan is word I'm not sure I'd use. I respect the guy and his knowledge. Wasn't a fan of the hire at first, but I get what's going on.

Do I think all of this is his fault? Nope. He hasn't had all the tools in the box to use this season, and has to constantly mix and match parts that are left...and most of those parts are grossly underperforming.

To your point, TLR isn't coaching 1st base.....and he sure as hell isn't on 1st base. Mendick and Boston have that play right in front of them and should know better. I don't fault the guy on 3rd in any way. Ball was hit to the warning track with 1 out....there is no chance in hell he's throwing him out or throwing home. Smart players are taught to focus on the trailer there (Guy on 1st). Toronto executed, the Sox clearly didn't.

This team is frustrating to watch, because the talent is there, the results for a multitude of reasons are not. The next month is going to be brutal....to be honest the goal here should be to simply stay afloat (.500) because their second half schedule is soft and there are 19 games left with the Twins. It ain't over yet.

Also, I respect your passion for hating on the Sox.....I hate the Cubs the same way. I also love the Sox....they have been my ride or die since day 1....that was the tie between my dad and I, and is the tie between my kids and I. Always tell people, it's more than just baseball to us.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Shawn1112 Shawn1112 fan is word I'm not sure I'd use. I respect the guy and his knowledge. Wasn't a fan of the hire at first, but I get what's going on.

Do I think all of this is his fault? Nope. He hasn't had all the tools in the box to use this season, and has to constantly mix and match parts that are left...and most of those parts are grossly underperforming.

To your point, TLR isn't coaching 1st base.....and he sure as hell isn't on 1st base. Mendick and Boston have that play right in front of them and should know better. I don't fault the guy on 3rd in any way. Ball was hit to the warning track with 1 out....there is no chance in hell he's throwing him out or throwing home. Smart players are taught to focus on the trailer there (Guy on 1st). Toronto executed, the Sox clearly didn't.

This team is frustrating to watch, because the talent is there, the results for a multitude of reasons are not. The next month is going to be brutal....to be honest the goal here should be to simply stay afloat (.500) because their second half schedule is soft and there are 19 games left with the Twins. It ain't over yet.

Also, I respect your passion for hating on the Sox.....I hate the Cubs the same way. I also love the Sox....they have been my ride or die since day 1....that was the tie between my dad and I, and is the tie between my kids and I. Always tell people, it's more than just baseball to us.
Hahn and Williams had absolutely no say so in that hiring which is hilarious to me lol. That also tells me its highly doubtful that he gets fired as the Jew Boy is to damn loyal to certain people, TLR being one of them. IMO, he is stuck in his old school ways of baseball and the game has past him by.

Who do you blame then we they cant even get the basic fundamental's right, imo thats 100% on the manager. That wasnt the first or last time, but was probably the worst one as of now. I wasnt blaming the idiot on 3rd, I was just saying if thats a play the SUX have talked about of even practiced, then the idiot on 3rd should have known to hustle.

I'm a baseball fan first and foremost and always have been. I just dont see this talent your talking about thats capable of winning it all. They have the talent to be pretty good but not great. The knock on Jimenez since drafted was could he stay healthy, obviously not. You dont have a MLB 2nd baseman, due to them cheaping out AGAIN. You dont have a catcher, you got a 73 million dollar dude who you can run on all day long, horrible at blocking pitches in the dirt and walks more than he hits. You basically got a 73 million dollar pitch framer. Still missing an outfielder, and a 1st baseman who is starting to show his age. Your pitching looks dominant against shit and mediocre teams, but against the upper echelon teams, they really havent been that great over the last 2 years. Kopech probably wont be starting in the playoffs. Up until this year he had what 80ish inning pitched in his career, so he might pitch 140 innings this year.

I respect your passion and Lead Pipe Lead Pipe as well, which BTW I think he rage quit because of you lol. These other dudes (SUX fans) only come in here and post when convenient. When shit is heading south they are quieter than a church mouse! Those are bandwagon fans imo.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Who the fuck takes strike 3 looking with the bases loaded?????
Maybe a 73 million dollar catcher who would rather draw a walk instead of looking to drive the ball and knock in 2-3 runs
Your taught as young as Lil League, your swinging at anything close with 2 strikes lmmfao

The SUX are soooooo fucking lucky the Twins arent a great team, they should be up 10 games on the bum ass SUX

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Shawn1112 Shawn1112 think of how much more fun this would be for you if you had taken the $5 per game bet on Cubs/Sox records.

Sox have 1 more win and are sinking fast!!!!!

Last chance on my offer of $5 per game on wins between Cubs and Sox...you in?
As I told you, I'm in when you bet me $1000 the SUX dont win the WS.
Cubs will be trading away everything by the All Star break again, and instead of looking like a AAA team, they will be more like a AA team.
Nice try, but these streets didnt raise no fool!

• Haha
Reactions: Huggerorange73

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
I put alot of blame on TLR, I wanted Hinch so bad to manage the Sox. Now I'd like to see a play for Girardi. Sox need to end this work in progress with Eloy and Moncada. I like Burgers play at 3rd, and move Roberts to LF and keep Engal in CF for his glove alone. Not much to say really, Sox have played terrible, they are no fun to watch, and making dumbass mental mistakes.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I put alot of blame on TLR, I wanted Hinch so bad to manage the Sox. Now I'd like to see a play for Girardi. Sox need to end this work in progress with Eloy and Moncada. I like Burgers play at 3rd, and move Roberts to LF and keep Engal in CF for his glove alone. Not much to say really, Sox have played terrible, they are no fun to watch, and making dumbass mental mistakes.
You thing Burgers bad knees could hold up playing full time, especially the hot corner?
I wanted the Cubs to go after Girardi before hiring Ross.
You wanna see Engals bat every day for a whole season, thats as bad as J Hey lol

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Real Name
Mike
Can certainly understand your take.....but Hinch isn't doing any better with the Tigers, Girardi just got canned for sucking with a high dollar roster....neither of those moves is helping.

Eloy will be a stud if he can stay on the field....Moncada is a massive concern, given the money he's due the next two seasons....in that regards you're half right. Might be time to move on from Moncada if he's still shit at the end of this year.

I also agree Burger should stick around, where he's going to play remains to be seen....but the bat shows potential.

You're not moving an elite level defender from CF to LF for a guy who cannot stay healthy either. Robert is a stud, Engel is a great 4th OF.

You're also on the money that they are in fact currently horrible and not any fun at all to watch.

I don't expect there to be any change until post all star break....just have to wait and see how buried they may be at that point.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I respect your passion and Lead Pipe Lead Pipe as well, which BTW I think he rage quit because of you lol. These other dudes (SUX fans) only come in here and post when convenient. When shit is heading south they are quieter than a church mouse! Those are bandwagon fans imo.
If I rage quit things because of Huggerorange73 huggerorange73 I'd be living off grid out of a van. My life is hectic right now. Moving into a new house in August, selling my GF's place, my truck took a shit and I'm supposed to take it on a 2 week vacation to Nevada at the end of the month, work is busy and my Dad is transferring his place on the chain to my siblings and myself. I pop in TCG every few days to look at few threads and the sox are done so this isn't one I care to check on....

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
If I rage quit things because of Huggerorange73 huggerorange73 I'd be living off grid out of a van. My life is hectic right now. Moving into a new house in August, selling my GF's place, my truck took a shit and I'm supposed to take it on a 2 week vacation to Nevada at the end of the month, work is busy and my Dad is transferring his place on the chain to my siblings and myself. I pop in TCG every few days to look at few threads and the sox are done so this isn't one I care to check on....
LMMFAO,
Good luck with everything you got going on.

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
Can certainly understand your take.....but Hinch isn't doing any better with the Tigers, Girardi just got canned for sucking with a high dollar roster....neither of those moves is helping.

Eloy will be a stud if he can stay on the field....Moncada is a massive concern, given the money he's due the next two seasons....in that regards you're half right. Might be time to move on from Moncada if he's still shit at the end of this year.

I also agree Burger should stick around, where he's going to play remains to be seen....but the bat shows potential.

You're not moving an elite level defender from CF to LF for a guy who cannot stay healthy either. Robert is a stud, Engel is a great 4th OF.

You're also on the money that they are in fact currently horrible and not any fun at all to watch.

I don't expect there to be any change until post all star break....just have to wait and see how buried they may be at that point.
I disagree on Robert having a better glove then Engel, better arm sure. I’m not a fan of Engel’s bat by any means. Robert is a stud, but needs to stop expanding strike zone.

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
I thought the Sox WERE a competitive team?..... 23-27 though?

WTF happened? One of the best managers in the history of the game with multiple WS wins, all-star loaded team with good pitching and good hitting.... Yet still well below .500
You may be the only one I have heard call him one of the best. I hated the hire from day one.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Did you enjoy yourself?

Great job slaying the bum Dodgers.

Without Grandal, Anderson and Eloy.
I actually did, bumped into a friend I havent see in a few years. Chopped it up with him and his GF for about a hour over a few cocktails.
I'm a fan of well pitched games. A lot more Dodger fans than I expected.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

Thread Info