Android Official Android Thread

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
I want to get my sd card slot back. Plus I'm not a big fan of the pixels.

I'd like to stay around 300$, new or used/manufacturer refurb.
So this morning my tool bar flipped from the top, where I prefer, to the bottom... Any idea how I get it back up top?

Home
Search
Tabs

want that bar up top!

Screenshot_20190716-070000_Chrome.jpeg

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Doesn't look like any chrome I've seen. What's with the weird buttons at the bottom?
The weird buttons is just the Android theme and the recent/home/back buttons.

Not sure about the big chrome tab buttons though. Never seen that. Maybe update chrome? Check chrome settings? Maybe accessibility settings?

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
Hey guys, I could use some phone advice. I have a Galaxy S7. Bought it when they came out a little over 3 years ago. I like it a lot, other than the battery life sucks.

I knocked over an impact driver onto it last Friday, and broke something. The screen isn't cracked, but it doesn't work anymore. I can hear notifications, but no way to see what's going on.

From what I can tell, it's going to cost $200+ to fix it. Should I fix it, or get a new phone? I don't really game or use much of a processor. About all I do is call, text, facebook, snapchat, email, and a couple of other light apps.

I was looking at the Moto g7 power. I can get it for about the same price as fixing my phone costs. It looks to have similar specs to mine and way better battery life.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Hey guys, I could use some phone advice. I have a Galaxy S7. Bought it when they came out a little over 3 years ago. I like it a lot, other than the battery life sucks.

I knocked over an impact driver onto it last Friday, and broke something. The screen isn't cracked, but it doesn't work anymore. I can hear notifications, but no way to see what's going on.

From what I can tell, it's going to cost $200+ to fix it. Should I fix it, or get a new phone? I don't really game or use much of a processor. About all I do is call, text, facebook, snapchat, email, and a couple of other light apps.

I was looking at the Moto g7 power. I can get it for about the same price as fixing my phone costs. It looks to have similar specs to mine and way better battery life.
Your lcd blew out. 100-$200 to repair is pretty normal.

IMO I'd just get a new phone

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Oh man felt like a fucking noob today...

Pebble watch stopped showing text notifications...emails worked, calls worked, so I was all WTF!?!

Reinstalled the app...nope.

Re-paired the watch..nope

Deleted everything and started from scratch...same fucking thing!

Hour or so wasted trying all this troubleshooting...and then I rebooted my phone....and now everything works :rofl:

So folks, the lesson here is....reboot first, then start troubleshooting! Even us tech nerds get all caught up in fixing something and skip over doing the easiest thing first. Glad it's back working though. It's annoying having to check my phone to see if I got any new messages.

#firstworldproblems

Thread Info