Official 2018-2019 NFL Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
QBs make such a difference to a team's fortunes you have to ask "What's a SuperBowl worth?"

In other news, as expected, the Jaguars are not tagging Allen Robinson.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Jaguars have informed impending free agent Allen Robinson they will not tag him.

Robinson had something like 200 catches, 2,800 yds and 22 TDs in basically 3 years. That was with QBs like Blake Bortles.

Bears have the money so I hope they make a splash. Landry, Robinson, Watkins, somebody needs to be in a Bears jersey.

I think the Bears should have offered McPhee and Young to Miami for Landry before cutting them. Maybe they did. Who knows?

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
I really didn't think Keenum was bad enough to go shopping for a QB. :dunno:

Exactly^^^^ Keenum deserves to keep his job and MN should keep the budget for elsewhere on the team.

Yes Keenum deserves a payday but with QB's all being Free agents the Vikings didn't want to pay the QB Franchise Tag Price which would be 23.5 Million for Keenum... Letting them walk/hit the market to see what they are there worth and maybe coming back if they don't find a home/price they like & get likely compensatory picks next year for them.

Mr. SBF

May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
You really think Keenum wont go elsewhere and get paid? Considering his is a Free Agent how is MN going to get compensated for him?

Letting him walk is a lose lose

No that's not how it works. There are a few factors on getting a compensatory pick.

Using a proprietary formula, the league defines a class of unrestricted free agents as "compensatory free agents ("CFA"). Teams that have lost more or better compensatory free agents than they signed in the previous year receive picks somewhere in the third through seventh rounds. Teams that gain and lose the same number of players but lose higher-valued players also can be awarded a pick, but only in the seventh round, after the others. Compensatory picks are awarded each year at the NFL annual meeting which is held at the end of March; typically, about three or four weeks before the draft. Compensatory picks can be traded beginning with the 2017 NFL draft. The placement of the picks is determined by a proprietary formula based on the player's salary, playing time, and postseason honors with his new team, with salary being the primary factor. So, for example, a team that lost a linebacker who signed for $2.5 million per year in free agency might get a sixth-round compensatory pick, while a team that lost a wide receiver who signed for $5 million per year might receive a fourth-round pick. However, the NFL has never revealed the exact formula used to determine allotment of compensatory picks, though observers from outside the NFL have been able to reverse engineer it to some degree of certainty.

And if you didnt know Compensatory pick's as of last year are now able to be traded so they're more valuable now...

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
6jUvpgZ.jpg

Mr. SBF

May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
Geezus fuck i dont get it how in the hell is Cousins worth that much.

He's good and Qb's of his caliber don't come often through F.A. I am doubtful on the 31 million dollar rumor... Plus the tax law deal between Minnesota and Michigan where he has a home already which would allow him to take less from a tax break perspective vs the other teams that are slated to be in the running for him where he would pay double or pay twice the amount in income taxes.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/3/6/17089290/kirk-cousins-decision-swayed-tax-law

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Seahawks traded Michael Bennett to the Eagles.

Richard Sherman is texting and tweeting that he's gone as well....

Rumor is the Seahawks want a quieter locker room. Cant blame them for that.
Michael and Martellus Bennett are both trouble and cancer in a locker room. Imo I feel they both play the "race card" waaaaayyyyyy too much.

Mr. SBF

May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
My question is, how are the Eagles going to be able to afford Bennett? They're already like $8M over the cap

With three years left on his deal, Bennett's departure will save Seattle roughly $5.2 million in 2018. The Eagles, however, are roughly $10 million over the cap, meaning a handful of last year's Super Bowl winners will be forced off the roster.

Vinny Curry and Torrey Smith could be goners, while veteran tight end Brent Celek looms as another potential non-returnee for the Eagles.

Mr. SBF

May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
Breaking: Browns to trade for Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry

The Rams and Broncos have finalized a deal that will send veteran cornerback Aqib Talib to Los Angeles in exchange for a fifth-round draft pick

Carolina Panthers have acquired Torrey Smith from the Eagles in exchange for cornerback Daryl Worley

Richard Sherman released by Seattle Seahawks

Mike Evans agrees to five-year, $82.5M deal with Bucs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info