đź‘‹ INTRO Obligatory New Guy Intro

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Niiice - I love me an S2K, that's something I'll be looking at come springtime. How do you like yours?

It's literally the best car in the world. I've tracked it like 27 times, run the AC after 30min sessions in 90+degree weather, and I've never had a single issue. Only thing I've had to replace are brake pads, tires, and just recently after 25 track days, new $23 front rotors.

willdrumforfood92

Three Pedals, Two Feet, One Crazy Idea
Sep 8, 2017
Uptown
It's literally the best car in the world. I've tracked it like 27 times, run the AC after 30min sessions in 90+degree weather, and I've never had a single issue. Only thing I've had to replace are brake pads, tires, and just recently after 25 track days, new $23 front rotors.

Nice - that's awesome. Honda definitely makes a great car! I'm thinking either one of those or an '05-'09 Mustang GT come spring time for exactly what you're doing - track days, weekend rips on back roads, that sort of thing.

Where do you typically track yours? RA?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Nice - that's awesome. Honda definitely makes a great car! I'm thinking either one of those or an '05-'09 Mustang GT come spring time for exactly what you're doing - track days, weekend rips on back roads, that sort of thing.

Where do you typically track yours? RA?

Mostly Gingerman and Autobahn so far, but I've been to RA. It would be a lot more fun to do RA with like 150hp more :rofl:

If you're considering '05-ish check out the mullet mustang series from the Speed Academy guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoRB1DGtQds&list=PLp8FsoRYWYK4pTloHwQbmUqG9MEsm_JQH

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I know right? I test drove an '06 with that combo before I bought this one. Same color combo, Silver on Black with leather and all that - kinda high miles, but I'm used to that (I bought my first car with 182k on the clock, high miles don't scare me one bit). It was FUN - great power and torque, and it handled beautifully. The trouble was, it had this HUGE dent in the side of the rear quarter panel that the dealership straight up spray painted over. You could see the rust underneath. I asked them to fix it, they said no, and then tried some tricky stuff with the price, so I walked.

Then, two months later, I found this and got it for $2,000 off list because of a dealer mistake! So it all worked out.

I actually like that previous generation like you're talking about a lot.

High miles? Yeah been there a time or two ;)

21687464_10155869086889589_2304981724251581062_n.jpg

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
You have an interesting pair...a Monaro-converted GTO? Or do you actually live down under? Lol

Thanks! Its nice to have another dude compliment my pair. :s00ls:

I wish I lived down under. Who wouldnt want to spend every day trying not to get kicked to death by a 'roo? It's just a Monaro converted GTO. But I did buy it off an honest to god Aussie, if that counts.

willdrumforfood92

Sep 8, 2017
Uptown
Mostly Gingerman and Autobahn so far, but I've been to RA. It would be a lot more fun to do RA with like 150hp more :rofl:

If you're considering '05-ish check out the mullet mustang series from the Speed Academy guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoRB1DGtQds&list=PLp8FsoRYWYK4pTloHwQbmUqG9MEsm_JQH

I think you and I are gonna get along famously - I've watched the entire build series at least twice, they absolutely knocked it out of the park! You, sir, have excellent taste.

:jg:

willdrumforfood92

Sep 8, 2017
Uptown
Thanks! Its nice to have another dude compliment my pair. :s00ls:

I wish I lived down under. Who wouldnt want to spend every day trying not to get kicked to death by a 'roo? It's just a Monaro converted GTO. But I did buy it off an honest to god Aussie, if that counts.

Wow. Did NOT think about that when I posted it. :lmao:

That's still a badass car. I like the Monaro, but my heart's always been with a VE Commodore SS-V converted Pontiac G8 GT. That, or go full Holden fanboy and get a G8 GXP and do an HSV Clubsport R8 Conversion. 6-speed of course. #threepedalmasterrace

Thread Info