Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill

I keep hearing that nvidia makes the best equipment in the universe,
and every one needs to buy the latest & greatest immediately!!!!

For a while ATi made some of the best damned single card solutions around.

I usually pick the single card solutions that are lower power, lower noise.

Right now the ATi's are comparable to Nvidia's 1000 series, but often have higher heat output, and are more power hungry units.

AMD for a while was trading shot for shot with Intel, however, they didn't have the capitol to keep up with Intel's die shrinking. It costs a crap ton of money to spool up a Fab and deal with the initially very high QC issues.

The reason I went with the nVidia last round was because the ATi had nothing to offer compared to a 980 when I was buying.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
AMD chips themselves are really catching up and forcing Intel's hand. Which is win/win for us.

2 weeks strong with my new server setup and not a problem. *knock on wood*

Ryzen is definitely in the running for when I upgrade my Plex server. The massively multi-core setup is perfect for server and workstation applications vs the single threaded stuff that gaming benefits from.

Only problem is that support in FreeBSD for Ryzen is spotty, and my 4790k is still overkill for 1080p stuff. I have it hard limited to 5 Transcodes, but the 4790k will do 8 without hiccup.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
AMD chips themselves are really catching up and forcing Intel's hand. Which is win/win for us.

2 weeks strong with my new server setup and not a problem. *knock on wood*
Huge fan of the ryzen stuff. Both cpus i have run pretty much 24/7 and both have been great. I am glad I saved the money instead of going intel.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info