• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Notebook RAM question...

98GTPDriva

Reaction score
So, I want to upgrade my notebook's RAM from 1GB to 2GB, but I am not 100% positive that the RAM I picked out will fit my Inspiron 9300. I know there are many computer gurus on here, which is why I am asking this question.

I currently have (2) 512MB DDR2 PC4200 533MHz 200-pin DIMM sticks. I am interested in purchasing (2) 1GB DDR2 PC4200 533MHz 240-pin DIMM sticks.

My question, the only difference between the two is that the RAM I currently own is 200-pin DIMM, while the one I want to purchase is 240-pin DIMM. Will it still work on my notebook?

TIA!

98GTPDriva

Reaction score
have you opened it up yet to see if they physically match up?
[/b]
I have not taken the RAM out of my notebook. Even so, I can't get a good picture of the RAM I would like to purchase to see if they match-up.

Also, are there any preferred brands of RAM I should be looking at, or any I should stay away from? I was looking at Kingston and Crucial as of now.

PANDA

Reaction score
According to two websites your 9300 takes the 200-pin DIMM stick's

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom