No Fly Zone Midwest - 1/2 Mile Racing - September 19th & 20th - Rantoul, IL

Typhoon

Addict
Sep 25, 2011
While it probably has one of the better runway for this type of event in Illinois, unfortunately I doubt DeKalb will ever be a location for this. They built that 7025' foot runaway so jumbo jets from O'Hare could be diverted there in an emergency. The City even tried to have a festival out there and got shot down by the FAA due to the possibly of a large jet landing there and they were unwilling to shut it down. :thumbsdow But more power to these guys if they could make it happen and no matter where its at, Ill be there.

FlyingGuy

Forum Sponsor
Apr 2, 2015
I vote Galt Airport! Bring your chutes, you'll only have 6-700 feet of shutdown!
[emoji613]
:noes: That could be interesting! haha

Reception has been great for the event so far.
Someone had asked about participation spots.. We generally limit our events to 100 cars, plus sponsors. So usually 110-115 total. Trying to gauge for the Midwest, but it wont be too far off. Definitely not 150 spots per day. FYI

FlyingGuy

Forum Sponsor
Apr 2, 2015
I got 20 runs at the last 1/2 event. Not sure on the car count that day.

Very good amount of runs. We have had people hit 40 and 50 runs previously. Obviously, a Veyron or CGT won't desire to hit those numbers. But that leaves plenty of room for the GTR and everyone else to rack up the runs.

Either way, we hope for a good turnout with limited spots. :jg:

Thread Info