Nicor Gas Cost

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Mine also went up, and so did the bill, by a lot. They estimated the previous month so I got stuck with a much larger bill this month.

Same here. Last months bill was lower than I expected. The current bill was measured and made up for the last bill. Thankfully my well insulated and small house costs me very little to heat and cool.

Because 900sqft....

As well as being insulated by other apartments above, below, behind and next to it. My g/f's condo hardly uses anything for heat as she keeps it at a cooler temp. The neighbors probably have their heat cranked and she benefits from it.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
As well as being insulated by other apartments above, below, behind and next to it. My g/f's condo hardly uses anything for heat as she keeps it at a cooler temp. The neighbors probably have their heat cranked and she benefits from it.

In the summer last year my townhouse stayed around 74-75 even when it was 90 outside. Well, as long as i kept the sun out it did.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
i don't think residual heat matters for townhomes.
i am the middle unit ( 5 total ) and my front fascia has brick.

i still got whacked.... i feel bad for the larger models on the end. they must've gotten it without vaseline

Windows, gotta have windows. With the sun shining into the crizo I can easily cut the time my heat is on by 1/2. If not more.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I been paying an average of about $200/month for these winter months. I have an older house with poor insulation. Which reminds me...I need to call up and have them install the "smart" meter and turn the pilots on after they're done. At least for the heater for the house, I can do everything else.

*I keep my house between 70-73 when I'm home. When I leave and know I will be gone most of the day, I'll turn it down to about 60.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info