đź‘‹ INTRO Newby

Slowfox84

Aug 13, 2018
Been going to the car meets and c&c but been forgetting to add my daily build. 2020 F150 5.0. Only had if for about a year now and been fantastic. Bug upgrade from a 2010 crown Vic PI. Has a 2” level with icon alloys vector 17x8 and 285/75 Toyo open country at3 tires. Been slowly building it for slight overlanding. Besides lighting upgrades that’s all I’ve done.
IMG_5211.JPG
IMG_5135.JPG
IMG_5015.JPG
IMG_4846.JPG
IMG_5001.JPG
IMG_4383.JPG
IMG_5301.JPG

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Okay, so not exactly a high priority when it comes to trucks, but with the 5.0/10spd, what kind of mileage are you getting around town and highway?

I'm interested in these and not sure I want to go EB, as I like the 5.0. For me it'll likely see 1000 mile trips every few weekends.

Reactions: Slowfox84

Slowfox84

Aug 13, 2018
Okay, so not exactly a high priority when it comes to trucks, but with the 5.0/10spd, what kind of mileage are you getting around town and highway?

I'm interested in these and not sure I want to go EB, as I like the 5.0. For me it'll likely see 1000 mile trips every few weekends.

Okay so before the bigger tires I had a smaller trip that I did about 70-75mph on Hywy and got about 21-22mph. With the bigger tires I got 19mpg on a Michigan UP trip.

Around town in the suburbs I am getting 16.8

My biggest reason for going with the 5.0 is the 3.5EB has the water pump inside the timing cover. So when the pump goes it leaks into the crankcase. It’s not if it’s when! I did not want to take the chances.
This was the milage I had during the trip.
IMG_5234.JPG

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Okay so before the bigger tires I had a smaller trip that I did about 70-75mph on Hywy and got about 21-22mph. With the bigger tires I got 19mpg on a Michigan UP trip.

Around town in the suburbs I am getting 16.8

My biggest reason for going with the 5.0 is the 3.5EB has the water pump inside the timing cover. So when the pump goes it leaks into the crankcase. It’s not if it’s when! I did not want to take the chances.
This was the milage I had during the trip.
View attachment 96736

How do you like the longevity, handling, braking of those Toyos?

Reactions: Slowfox84

Slowfox84

Aug 13, 2018
How do you like the longevity, handling, braking of those Toyos?

I got only 5k miles on them but so far love them. I could have made a slight mistake going with the E load range but when I was looking that’s all they had in stock for few weeks and possibly months in that size. They ride rough but knew that with the 10ply sidewall. No road noise, and fantastic in the rain. Got them on in spring and have not hit snow yet. I did a little off road trails up north and they took some rocks to the sidewall and no issues. Have a buddy with the fallken wilpeak AT3W and they are a tad bit louder than the TOYOs. I would recommend them but don’t have many miles on them.
IMG_5229.JPG

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
I got only 5k miles on them but so far love them. I could have made a slight mistake going with the E load range but when I was looking that’s all they had in stock for few weeks and possibly months in that size. They ride rough but knew that with the 10ply sidewall. No road noise, and fantastic in the rain. Got them on in spring and have not hit snow yet. I did a little off road trails up north and they took some rocks to the sidewall and no issues. Have a buddy with the fallken wilpeak AT3W and they are a tad bit louder than the TOYOs. I would recommend them but don’t have many miles on them. View attachment 96751

Thank you!!!

Thread Info